the medium Final Fantasy

I really hated that fact… While the story was pretty cool, the game felt like a friggin platformer with the exploration…

Go through door, walk through level, enter next door, cut scene, fight, continue with level, oh look, boss fight… rinse repeat.

Final Fantasy x2 is totally average. It is more or less an expansion pack of the previous game, with everything downgraded

I’m going to have to say FFIV as well only because I didn’t think it stood out as anything special. This is retrospect of course, as when it came out it was a big craze, but now it doesn’t as good or as bad as some of the others (FFVI on the high end and FFVIII on the low).

I’ll go with IX. There were so many elements to the game that I liked, but the slowness of it ruined a great deal of it for me. I’m hesitant to replay it in the face of the sheer <i>tedium</i> of waiting forever for Zidane to execute a simple attack command in battle. The animations just take so LONG.

Definately X. I actually liked VIII’s story and world a lot, the only thing that dragged it down was the migrane-inducing draw system.

I’ve never heard an opinion so close to my own. As a story, I loved FFIX. As a game of item management and ability learning, I loved FFIX. As a game of battles, I wanted nothing more than a Fast Forward button a la Chrono Cross. It didn’t help that there seemed to be no apparent reason WHY the battles ran so slow, why there was no vibration feature, or why the attack/ability/summon animations were “dumbed down” for this, a supposedly graphically superior Final Fantasy. The sword slashes and attacks not only take long to execute, but they lack “oomph”, too.

Though I like everything else about it, so it’s not my “medium” FF. My medium would have to be FF1. It’s a nice game, but there’s nothing I can really say I like all that much about it that wasn’t done much better in FF3j. Since I started the series with FFIV, I don’t really see FF1 as a “beginning” like many people do.

I think the word you’re looking for is mediocre, not medium.

mediocre leans more to a more worst final fantasy. medium was the best word i could think of that did no leaning.

i dont think average does any leaning. or does it?

As long as it’s between BEST and WORST (or) GOOD and BAD then what’s it matter, it belongs in here.

For A 4 shots Killing, It look longer with the Pre-battle Fly around than the atucall battle. In the SNES FF6 You could get the about 5 Battles done before you finish the Second in FF9 during the Hunt.

Big Nutter

Almost answered VIII. It’s one of my personal favorites, but objectively I have to admit it’s not the best. Still, I don’t mind most of the ‘problems’ with it. I like the draw system.

So I have to say X. The story is good, but far too linear for an RPG. The graphics are beautiful. The characters are a good balance of “unique” and “customizable.” But it seems to me that a lot of the gameplay is dumbed down, possibly because it’s so linear. There’s no world map to explore, and no need to sleep or manage supplies because save points cure all. There are some good elements like weapon customization and the sphere grid, but mastering them is not at all necessary to finish the game. You can go through the sphere grid in your sleep. The summoning seems a little Pokemon-like at first, but I like it.

Add this all up and it comes to just above medium. But then it loses some points because of X-2.