The Ludicrously Hard RPG Test:

79%. I’m not sure if i would call this ludicrously hard, though. I probably would have gotten like a 95% if I had cared to play the Xenosaga series or Kingdom Hearts series, but fuck that. I could also say the same about Suikoden, but I’m not avoiding playing those games by choice :confused:

I hear the Suikodens after II are a huge let down. I haven’t played them yet and don’t know if I want to. XS sounds TERRIBLE.

Suikoden 3, I thought,m was a pretty good title. But 4, I can;t even stand to play. Just… How can I follow a captain with a name like Snowe Vingerhut?!

Oh, and I got 77% too. Seems to be the mode around here.

Suikoden 3 had you going in and out of everything just to get somewhere (plus it’s HQ was in a really shitty location), and 5 would’ve been better had it not been for the load times. Otherwise only the 4 and the Tactics games were subpar.

Plus aside from the occasional MMO and question all of the games were to be found on either the SuperNES, the PSX, or the PS2. There needed to be some handheld RPG questions like something for Sword of Hope, or the SaGa games, or one of the Dept. Heaven games, or maybe an SRW game, or even something from Luminous Arc, or ect…

Point is aside for some of those one off questions it was pretty much FF, KH, and XS with some Suikoden on the side.

I guessed 11 (incorrectly for FFIV) I forgot to count DK Cecil.

overall result

Your result for The Ludicrously Hard RPG Knowledge Test …
RPG Fan

You scored 59% RPG knowledge!
Okay, you’re definitely an RPG fan. You know what you’re talking about, and you’ve played your share of games. You probably know your share of RPG secrets, as well. You can definitely hold your own in a conversation talking about the aspects of various RPGs. Keep on playing, and thanks for taking the test!

Tis a shame that there were no questions about Langrisser/Warsong :frowning:

Okay, for the record, people, alternate forms don;t count. There’s Cecil, Rosa, Rydia, Kain, Edge, Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid, Yang, Tellah, and the one I’m sure everyone forgets, FuSoYa. twelve different characters.

THAT’S who I forgot! Edge! How could I forget Edge?

I feel even stupider because I did forget Cid:bowser:. HOW THE FUCK??? Too much drinking, I reckon. But, I remembered FuSoYa.

I guessed on all of the Grandia questions(wrongly, but I have never played Grandia) and most of the Suikoden ones. And the legend of Dragoon one(hadn’t played that one in many years). Other than the characters in FFIV, I was pretty spot on on the FF series questions(though the debate still rages on as to who is actually FFX’s final boss). And the Shadow Hearts ones.

53%.

Xenosaga episode 1 is the only one I played, and it was soooooo boring. I never finished it.

Suikoden 3 seemed pretty good - I got about ten hours into it. The writing was good, and the gimmick of switching between main characters was cool. What ultimately made me stop playing it was that combat was too hands-off for me, and it felt frustrating as a result.

You had six party members, but instead of controlling all six, you would group two together and they would pool their abilities and spells and stuff. This alone isn’t so bad - after all, I’m enjoying The Last Remnant, which I just realized is strikingly similar. The difference, though, is that in Suikoden 3, this causes problems that get you killed. For example, one of your pairs casts an AoE spell (many of which target indiscriminately), your other character will attack. So, this means that at least ONE of your characters is going to walk in and get hit by the AoE spell, and probably die. Now, imagine if you casted a spell with your other two groups - two more people would be hit by it. NOW, imagine if your other two groups both did melee attacks…you get the idea. I don’t like being punished for something like that.

It sucked, cos I was really interested in the story, but GOD that was such a frustrating mechanic to have to work around, that I eventually gave it away to 984, who accidentally jacked his copy up.

Hardcore RPG Fan

You scored 69% RPG knowledge!
You’re pretty hardcore, aren’t you? Not only do you know RPGs really well, but you’re probably able to fire back trivia questions about your favorites. You might not know everything about some of the more obscure titles, but you’ve definitely got a lot of knowledge under your belt. You’re hardcore, and I salute you! Thanks for taking the test!

I’ll accept my 57%. Pretty good considering I never got into Suikoden, Grandia, Arc the Lad, and only played 3 of the BoF games. SE games will carry you a long way on this one.

How did I even manage 41 percent…
The only RPG I’ve played it KH.
Everything else I guessed based on if the choice sounded familiar(i.e. it’s someone’s screen name on here)