The List of Fiction Cliches

Actually, this is the Grand List of SCIENCE Fiction Clichés, but many of these apply to all stories. I found this while Googling for lists of info that I could use in my stories; I think many of you (especially newbies) will find it useful to avoid some clichés that are too obvious or annoying. ALSO, this could be a source of ideas- after all, what is a cliché in one genre may not be so in another (for example, I don’t think the one about of Adam and Eve is THAT common outside of classic SF.) Besides, this stuff is fun to read, especially the chauvinistic cllichés! :hahaha;

My apologies if this has been posted before.

http://enphilistor.users4.50megs.com/cliche.htm

That’s pretty cool, and a good idea to take a look at. I especially like the symbols (piggy!). ^^

I also suggest going back us a level in that, as it also has several other lists that one would be wise to study. Especially the link to Peter Anspach’s legendary Evil Overlord list.

Originally posted by DomaDragoon
I also suggest going back us a level in that, as it also has several other lists that one would be wise to study. Especially the link to Peter Anspach’s legendary Evil Overlord list.

heh, I love that one…there’s also the RPG cliche list

We’re working on the FFVIII one. :smiley: