The Jam in Britain

So I was wondering all you Brits out there, how big were the Jam over there? (I’m listening to them right now. I heard they were the second coming of the Beetles or something.

Firstly, it’s The Beatles. Jerkface.

Secondly, nobody’s ever as good as The Beatles. Jerkface.

>.>
<.<

Whoa yeah sorry I forgot they spelled their name differently.

Damn non-conformist tea drinking lobsterbacks.

Point!! Yep Defantly the Point.

The Jam - Never Heard of them.

Big Nutter
IF has Any hear of World Wide Message Tribe (Now know as The Tribe) and Comapred the to Run DMC, I would be Told off and there might be several Nopes.

The Clash kill the Beatles in my opinion.

Shut up. Bloody colonial.

Firstly, they stopped making music a WHILE ago.

Secondly, they’re only still heard of in punk and alternative circles here, hardly any average teenager would know anything about them.

Thirdly, they were no-where near the second coming of The Beatles.

They’re pretty cool, heard most of their stuff, but I only like a couple of their songs. Not sure how big they were in their prime. I’d go so far as to guess that almost every punk fan had heard of them at the time though.

I’m assuming you are talking about the Jam right now and not my Clash comment. What I read was that “The Jam were the most popular band to emerge from the initial wave of British punk rock in 1977; along with the Sex Pistols, the Clash, and the Buzzcocks, the Jam had the most impact on pop music. While they could barely get noticed in America, the trio became genuine superstars in Britain, with an impressive string of Top Ten singles in the late '70s and early '80s. The Jam could never have a hit in America because they were thoroughly and defiantly British”. Though I guess my Beatles comment was far off.

Personally, I’ve never even heard of The Jam, before today that is.

I have heard of some of the others, like the Sex Pistols. They were pretty good, I think.

I prefer Marmalade myself.

I personally preferred the Sex Pistols and the Buzzcocks from that whole brit-punk era, the Jam were just a little bit too average for me. Paul Weller is definately stronger solo too.

Try some early Damned and Vibrators if you like that stuff.