The irony is great.

A halfling monk… an intriguing concept…

D&D should implement a sort of specialization skill for monks, like how fighters have weapon specialization monks should get the same thing but more like skill specialization (fighting style-wise). In the case of a halfling monk, it would be perfect if the halfling was able to use Praying Mantis Kung Fu or something like that (the style had its advantages when fighting against an opponent much bigger).

Monks specialize in unarmed strikes

I know that, but I mean like weapons you can choose a certain style on how you fight. Sorta like how how Wizards have certain devoted schools that have specialized spells and whatsuch. Styles would have its advantages and disadvantages

Sorry Val, I had to contradict, its me.

S’allright. Anyway, you guys wanna hear how it went? This is what happened:

Turn 1: The fighter swung his sword at the rustmonster, and got that appropriately destroyed. Much cursing followed. Mage and Druid cast spells, both failed. Rustmonster attacked Fighter, and brought him down to 2 hit points.

Me: My character and the Princess arrive at her castle, and I am led to meet her father, the King.

Turn 2: The Fighter, being weaponless, wounded, and stupid, tries to set the rustmonster on fire. The accounts get a littled garbled here, since the DM was face-down on thwe table, shaking with laughter as he told us, but I think he got thrown into a wall, and died. Whoo. Mage and Druid tried casting spells again, and the Druid successfully entangles the Rust Monster. Unfortunately, he also entangled them, and they both will have to wait at least two turns before they can attack again.

Me: I meet the King, and I am rewarded for saving his delicate little flower by granting me a boon.

Turn 3: Figfhter’s dead, so he doesn’t do anything. The mage broke free somehow, but the Rust Monster did, too. Druid somehow got even more entangled, making escape harder. (A 2 was rolled at this point.)

Me: I ask for his daughter’s hand in marriage, causing the entire court to gasp, and the princess to do a maidenly blush. The King says that it won’t be that easy.

Turn 4: Mage casts a spell of fire, and wounds the Rust onster somewhat seriously. The monster, then, took out his aggression by attacking the Mage, he falls unconscious, and the Monster eats the gold he has on him. Druid breaks free, and readies staff.

Me: I’m charged to defeat his greatest knight in combat if I want to win her heart, and I accept.

Turn 5: Druid dead. That it.

And lo, I become the sole survivor of this campaign, and I cannot wait to find out how they will rejoin my story now.

Hey, thats funny.
Rust Monster : 1
PCs : 0
:stuck_out_tongue:

Insert dungeon with several Rust monsters here

God, that was hilarious XD

Wait, wait! A few entangle traps too XDXD

Rolls around on the floor laughing

High Fives the DM for a well played out Rust Monster battle

I must remember to toss one of those into my campaign somewhere if the party doesn’t get moving from where they have been sitting. Either that or a pack of Umber Hulks who have slept in a patch of itching fungus.

edit: BTW Val, the campaign continues tuesday night.

I’ve been having problems with mIRC, so I might have to just drop out, DN. Sowwy ;_;

And I just got word from the DM, apparently one of the other players will have to be my character’s squire/apprentice/student/whatever the hell you want to call it, as punishment. And believe me, he’ll HAVE to do it.

Poor characters, won’t you have to fight the rust monster to recover the corpses?

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
Poor characters, won’t you have to fight the rust monster to recover the corpses?

Unfortunately, yes. But I think I might be able to handle it. My character doesn’t use a sword, but a whip.

…Whips…

I remember wanting to take a whip-wielder once. But… I’ve never actually played in a real session… Only some in DN’s session last summer, but that was last summer… >_<

Gotta find an IRL DM somewhere.

Well, let me tell ya, make sure you have a dagger withing reach at all times, too. if they get into close-range combat with you, and you don’t have a secondary weapon, you’re screwed.

especially in one of my campaigns >:P

Which is why I switched to a rapier for this one.

Anyhoo, here’s a little update: The DM had a little bit of pity on those poor little bastards, so he had a routine patrol of rangers happen upon them, distracted Rusty with a pouch of 50 gold (I had to reimburse them), and brought them to the kingdom i was in within a day of their untimely deaths. They revived them, and I gave them a very severe scolding. Oh, and I’m engaged now. Yay. =D