The irony is great.

okay, my DnD group met again Saturday, but I only just now remembered to post this.

Okay, our party, consisting of an elven mage (MUST… KILL…), human druid, Haf-elven fighter (Me), and dwarven fighter, were on the run from this one warlord like guy who wanted to see us dead for killing off his garden (long story). Anyway, we’re in a cave, and we soon come to a fork. I want to go north, and since I’m the self-proclaimed leader of the group, I thought that the others would join me. But no, they decided that they might have better luck heading Southwest, which would lead them further away from our quarry. So, we decide to split up, despite my voiced objections, and we encounter different scenarios.

I found:

A kidnapped, innocent virgin (raises eyebrows suggestively) human princess, and after I slay her kidnappers (Human bandits), she decides to repay me with her hand in marriage, and we ride off into the sunset on my newly acquired Magical golden Stallion.

…Okay, that last part with the stallion’s a lie, but it only makes the next part seem all the more funny.

They found:

A cranky Rustmonster who was woken up by all the ruckus those guys made. That’s where the DM left off.

Now, what does this tell you about going against the leader’s judgement? ^^

To go against it, find monsters, get experience and level up, munchkin style?

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
To go against it, find monsters, get experience and level up, munchkin style?

Gilgamesh, tell me, do you really think that anyone really wants to fight a rustmonster?

Bizarre. :stuck_out_tongue:

Normally, my dungeon masters strongly object to separating the party like that, too.

And I, for one, dislike fighting rust monsters, after several suits of plate mail fell victim to its voracity.

Originally posted by Sir Percival
[b]Bizarre. :stuck_out_tongue:

Normally, my dungeon masters strongly object to separating the party like that, too.

And I, for one, dislike fighting rust monsters, after several suits of plate mail fell victim to its voracity. [/b]

Yeah, our DM voiced his opinion, too, but the others were apparently fed up with my level-headedness and tendency to be right.

And the funny thing is, I don’t think they fully comprehend what a rust monster is. oh, God, how I’m gonna LAAAAAAAAUGH when they try to fight it! ^^

I do not suppose that this is the same dungeon master who was behind the halfling incident.

Which halfling incident? There have been so many.

At least your DM didn’t brainfart and put you against Squall, and Aeris, we lost a party member because Squall overdid it, and were level 2.

Why do I have the feeling that there will be many meteors headed my way next session? Yeah, I’m just joking around Remy.

The one in which a certain halfling was violated.

Ah, that one. yes, he is, but the guy had it coming!

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Gilgamesh, tell me, do you really think that anyone really wants to fight a rustmonster?

Maybe a monk or a wizard?:stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Frameskip
[b]At least your DM didn’t brainfart and put you against Squall, and Aeris, we lost a party member because Squall overdid it, and were level 2.

Why do I have the feeling that there will be many meteors headed my way next session? Yeah, I’m just joking around Remy. [/b]

What do you mean brainfart, I actually had it planned, I just thought that you guys would have survived a bit longer or at least took him down far enough to make him do a con check (too bad I rolled that percentile to see if his trigger shot activated when I hit:o ).

Don’t worry though, I won’t meteor you; that’s only if you’re going to kabitz bigtime or somewhere along the lines, then you go :thud: . Besides, why meteor you when I can just have the pure enjoyment of letting the other nasty creations I created for next session take you out? j/k(ah the joys of breaking in and training newbies to D&D; trying to get them to learn one way or another )

I don’t think the half-elven fighter and the dwarven (who I would think would be especially pissed) fighter would look forward to fighting a rust monster (yet now all this talk about rust monsters have started giving me an idea for the next session )

Originally posted by Atherelius

Even though they might not carry metal weapons, those things can still eat all the gold you have on you.

Remy: I’M the Half-Elf, so I’m okay. The HUMAn Druid is fighting him in my stead…

They still have another choice. Running away :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit : I already encountered one of those. Smart ones can do the following : Toss him a piece of metal to eat and flee while its distracted eating

Originally posted by Booken
They still have another choice. Running away :stuck_out_tongue:

They could, if they wanted to. But I figure that by the time they figure out just what a Rust Monster does, it’ll be too late.

Val, please, for the love of god, I want a log of that fight, for laughs :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright, I shall do this. We meet again Friday.

This going to be great ^.^

Indeed. ^^

I still have to make my Halfling monk somday.