The First Question Thread?

OK, I’m taking a break from site work so let’s get started. :sunglasses:

[from Gilgamesh]

<B>Who is your favorite person in the world?</B>

You might not believe it, but I’m probably going to go with Will Smith. (I don’t like politics. 8p) He just has a charisma that makes me like him no matter what he’s doing. And he has a very clean image, which I find extremely refreshing in today’s Hollywood decadism. Robin Williams comes close too. I don’t see them as role models, but I do like them.

<B>Who is your favorite fictional person ever?</B>

That’s a toughie… I think I’m going to have to go with Samuel Vimes from Terry Pratchett’s books, although I’m sure that would change when I read/watch/play something else. 8p

[From Xelopheris]

<B>Which FF game is your favorite? (Besides 9)</B>

FF6 has a special place in my heart. It was the first one I ever finished, and I still love the story and characters.

[From Frameskip]

<B>Will these things ever die?</B>

We can only hope, my friend…

[From Exo]

<B>What is your favorite Soda Pop?</B>

Coca-cola classic, can’t beat the real thing!

<B>What is your favorite food?</B>

JELLO!

[From Jing]

<B>Why do you have “You are not Cidolfas! I am. Get over it.” in your sig?</B>

Like Xelo said, back in the day, everybody had these “You are whatever!” followed by a huge description, from those online quizes. RPGC was planning on making their own, so in anticipation I did a ripoff of them. Unfortunately, said RPGC quiz never materialized so it’s a bit of an anachronism. 8p

[From Valkyrie Esker]

<B>Do you know a really good banana bread recipe? I’m jonesin’ for some!</B>

Gak, I hate banana bread. X-X

[From Sephiroth252]

<B>Has anyone found the perpetrator yet?</B>

Not to my knowledge, but I do tend to be a bit tardy in finding things out. ^^;

[From Cless Alvein]

<B>1. Why am I not Cidolfas?</B>

Often imitated, never duplicated!

<B>2. What’s your favourite colour?</B>

Blue, da-ba-dee-dah…

[From Sinistral]

<B>What is it that you want in a woman?</B>

Most importantly someone who’s intelligent, open-minded, and has a good sense of humor.

<B>What would you do if the person you loved was not Jewish?</B>

That isn’t really going to happen… we don’t really hold with all that “falling in love” jazz. Marriages are generally “sort of” fixed, in that you find out about the other person, go out for a few months, then decide if you want to get married. There’s no randomness involved there and no “falling in love”. ^^; Believe it or not, it works far better than the other way.

<B>Would you create a compendium on a different game series if you had the oppurtunity (as in , an additional compendium)</B>

There isn’t another game series I’ve had as much fun with as the FF series (although Tales/Star Ocean comes close). Although I’ve had an itch to make a Discworld Compendium a few times… unfortunately, it’s a no-go from the start (26 books! Yah!).

[From Sapphire Falcon]

<B>Do you like baseball?</B>

Nope. I think it’s the most boring sport on the face of the planet.

<B>If you could be any RPG villian who would it be and why?</B>

I’m tempted to say Magus, but that jockstrap… just NO. Can I count Rufus from FF7 as a villain? He’s got power, money, and as little insanity as possible. :sunglasses:

[From Rountree]

<B>What would you consider your greatest accomplisment?</B>

Believe it or not, it isn’t any of the material I’ve actually done online (although I am proud of the FFC). It’s actually the reputation I’ve built for myself in the online community. It takes a lot of time and effort to have people, even people you haven’t met yet, look up to you and respect you, and I really do consider that to be a major accomplishment for me, and I appreciate having the opportunity to have that happen. I hope I can do the same in real life soon.

[From Skankin’ Garbage]

<B>What kinda things do you like to do in your spare time?</B>

Generally I’m either doing stuff online, playing RPGs, or I’m doing stuff with my family (my 9-month-old niece is cute as a button ^_^). I also make sure to spend at least an hour a day doing Talmud study whenever I can. (And prayers take up about 2 hours a day as well.)

[From Sir Percival]

<B>What is your favourite poem and why?</B>

I’ve never been much for poems… -_- I don’t have that whole poem appreciation thing going, sorry.

[From Xachariah]

<B>what’s so good about Terry Pratchett’s books?</B>

They’re generally hilarious, often thought-provoking, and really cool. The stories are nuts without being crazy. You have to read most of the books twice to get everything (which is neat). There’s tons of ancient and popular culture references. And it’s British, everyone knows British stuff is way better than American stuff. 8p

[From UF-Jabricuds]

<B>What is the relevance between causality, reason and faith?</B>

OK, see, causality, reason and faith walked into a bar…

[From Gamer5389]

<B>What is your favorite quote and what is it from?</B>

No specific quote is my favorite, but I have a few.

“He who assumes makes an ass out of u and me.” (Popular saying)

“Whatever can die is beautiful–more beautiful than a unicorn, who lives forever, and who is the most beautiful creature in the world.”
(Schmendrick the Magician, Peter S. Beagle’s <I>The Last Unicorn</I>)

“Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind.” (Rincewind in Terry Pratchett’s <I>Eric</I>)

“It was funny how people were people everywhere you went, even if the people concerned weren’t the people the people who made up the phrase “people are people everywhere” had traditionally thought of as people.” (Terry Pratchett, <I>The Fifth Elephant</I>)

I’m still around, so you can ask more if you like. :sunglasses:

Can you relate to us one of your favorite anecdotes? It can be funny, interesting, or just something that you remember strongly, but it has to involve you.

Would you like a drink? You seem parched from answering so many questions.

And if so, what drink would you like (and even if not, what drink would you probably have)?

When did you first start the FFCompendium?

Have you ever read Shakesperian literature? If so (which is likely), what’s your favorite play by him?

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
What’s your favorite book series?

Omega, do you not bother to look at people’s profiles? points to Cid’s “favorite Book” response

A couple of questions for El Cid…

1. What makes an RPG truly “good” in your mind?

2. As a fellow fan of the “Discworld” series, I’m curious as to which is your favorite (if any) and why?

Thanks for your time.

• Arcanus Dominus

errr, this might be a stupid question, but, i just played the “live-a-live” rom a while back and i think i saw your name around on the credits under translation, were you envolved on a translation of that game, or am i needing a pair of glasses?

If you suddenly went comepletely bald, what would you have for dinner?
What’s your favorate quote from an RPG?
What’s your favorate quote from a non-RPG?
And what’s the deal with Vanilla Coke?!?

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Omega, do you not bother to look at people’s profiles? points to Cid’s “favorite Book” response

T’was a mere error, Val.

Cid: What is your worst fear?

OK, I’m back. :sunglasses:

[From ClothHat]

<B>Can you relate to us one of your favorite anecdotes? It can be funny, interesting, or just something that you remember strongly, but it has to involve you.</B>

Probably the time I ran over my own foot is good. I was delivering cards for some function - about 30 of them within about a 10-block radius. After the 29th time of having to go through the motions of starting and stopping the car (I was a bit more anal-retentive then), at the last house I got to I just forgot to put the car in park. It was in January, and as I was going up to the door to deliver the card, I saw the car start to move! I ran to try to stop it, but I slipped on the ice and ended up with my foot being rolled over by one of the wheels. The car plowed into the garage door of the owner and gave it a nice dent. Luckily the door still worked, my foot was swollen for a few days but wasn’t broken, and everybody laughed. :sunglasses:

The time I accidentally locked my mother’s keys in her car when she came on visiting day to sleepaway camp is a close second, too. :sunglasses:

[From Rountree]

<B>Would you like a drink? You seem parched from answering so many questions.

And if so, what drink would you like (and even if not, what drink would you probably have)?</B>

Nah, I’m fine, I took a break. 8p As for drinks, I’ll stick with Coke. Alcohol gives me a stomachache. -_-

[From OmegaflareX]

<B>When did you first start the FFCompendium?</B>

Probably in 1998. After I spent a long time on the story and details of an “original” RPG (at its peak it got about 20 hits a week) I decided that that wasn’t going anywhere. I was enamoured by the similarities between FF games (FF8 had just come out) and set out to make an FAQ detailing them. Of course it spiraled out of hand after that. :sunglasses: I really got my start after speaking to Joe Fielder at videogames.com, who gave me a link on the FF7 page. RPGC then asked me to join a while later, a few months later I got listed on Yahoo!, and the rest is history. :sunglasses:

<B>Have you ever read Shakesperian literature? If so (which is likely), what’s your favorite play by him?</B>

Sure, I’ve read them. :sunglasses: As you might have guessed, Hamlet is probably the one I got the most out of, but I think Comedy of Errors was the most enjoyable.

[From Arcanus Dominus]

<B>1. What makes an RPG truly “good” in your mind?</B>

That’s a toughie. If a game is really fun to play, I may laugh off a bad story. If a game has a great story, I may laugh off bad gameplay. Of course if either of them is SO bad that they detract from the game, that won’t work. So in short, sometimes a game “clicks” for me and sometimes it doesn’t… I don’t have anything specific that I look for in a good RPG.

<B>2. As a fellow fan of the “Discworld” series, I’m curious as to which is your favorite (if any) and why? </B>

Has to be Wyrd Sisters (although Interesting Times is close). I also really like the newest one, Night Watch, even though (or maybe because) it’s completely different from the rest of the series.

[From Xachariah]

<B>errr, this might be a stupid question, but, i just played the “live-a-live” rom a while back and i think i saw your name around on the credits under translation, were you envolved on a translation of that game, or am i needing a pair of glasses?</B>

Nope, that’s me there. I script edited the “Shinsanken Inheritor” chapter. It was pretty fun, too. :sunglasses: Take a look at my staff page to see other stuff I’ve done in the translation community.

[From GG Crono 4]

<B>What’s your favorate quote from an RPG?</B>

Toss-up between two:
“Who do you think you are, Bruce Lee? You can’t just go in there with your fists flying!” - Mallow, Super Mario RPG

“Am I a butterfly dreaming I’m a poet… or a bowling ball dreaming I’m a plate of sashimi?” - Doreen, Chrono Trigger

<B>What’s your favorate quote from a non-RPG?</B>

See above.

<B>And what’s the deal with Vanilla Coke?!?</B>

One word: DEEES-GUSTING.

[From Shalcar]

<B>Cid: What is your worst fear?</B>

Probably just a generalized fear of dying and leaving all kinds of things unsaid and undone. I’m not quite sure why that is, but there it is. shrug I also have a phobia of dogs due to some not-very-nice childhood experiences, but that’s an irrational fear, not a true fear.

Keep 'em coming if you want. :sunglasses:

I’m somewhat curious… would you rank your favorite Cid’s in order of the best to worst? (from the games of course)

Do you like long hair?
Do you like short hair?
Or even… PREFER?
Is your hair long or short?
Did someone ask this already?
Why did you make a thread to be aksed a million of questions?
Why why why?

Oh yea… why are there folk tales?

What good fan fics have you read? Where can I find them? How many good Breath of Fire fics have you read?:noway:

Hmm…OK, we’re drying up… let’s make this the last one, then.

[From Obadiah]

<B> I’m somewhat curious… would you rank your favorite Cid’s in order of the best to worst? (from the games of course)</B>

Errr… lessee…

T.G. Cid (FF Tactics)
Cid (FF10)
Cid (FF9)
Cid (FF4)
Cid (FF7)
Cid (FF8)
Cid (FF3)
Cid (FF2)
Cid (FF5)
Cid (FF6)

[From Mercenary09]

<B>Do you like long hair?
Do you like short hair?
Or even… PREFER?</B>

If you mean on a girl, I like long hair. On a boy, I like short hair (and by that I mean I find it more asthetically pleasing and less freaky).

<B>Is your hair long or short?</B>

Short.

<B>Did someone ask this already?</B>

Nope.

<B>Why did you make a thread to be aksed a million of questions?</B>

I dunno, it’s fun. :sunglasses: I get to rant about myself, and who doesn’t like doing that?

<B>Oh yea… why are there folk tales?</B>

Beats the heck out of me.

[From Chris-chris]

<B>What good fan fics have you read? Where can I find them? How many good Breath of Fire fics have you read?</B>

Sorry, I don’t really read fanfics. Weiila takes care of all that. -_-

That RPGC quiz is at www.selectsmart.com under RPG’s, TD made it.

Why do you make these 5-minute trips to the RPGC chatroom, only to disappear for a sort moment and coming in again when you visit the chatroom?

And… which one would you prefer and why?

1. Elvish Impersonators
  2. Elvis Impersonators

gives you a coke

Yes, I know TD was making one but he just finished it like last week or something. 8p Or, if I remember correctly, it isn’t even finished yet.

[From Mabatsekker]

<B>Why do you make these 5-minute trips to the RPGC chatroom, only to disappear for a sort moment and coming in again when you visit the chatroom?</B>

Depends. O_o Sometimes my connection dies, sometimes I have to go suddenly, sometimes I just come in to see if someone specific is inside and if they’re not I leave.

As for the impersonators, since I’ve never seen either of them I’ll forbear to answer that if you don’t mind. ^^;

When I reach a mark (charle, keep your hands off, <b>PLEASE</b>) pf something, I’ll promise to invent a new fad…