The Evils of Science

This article had nothing to do with Christianity, why do you some of you losers have to take every thread and turn it into “Christians lol!”

And Hardy-Weinberg doesn’t really apply here since there doesn’t seem to be a single “gay gene”.

You can’t change his mind guys. He is as stubborn as almost every single close minded religious zelot I’ve ever encountered growing up in Kentucky (I lived on the bible belt, it was bad…) and he truly believes his ways are correct. You cannot say or do anything short of having god come down himself and tell these kinds of people the way things are before they will listen to you. So for everyones sake, get over it. Close minded people will always be that way.

I’m sure this isn’t the end of the research, we’ll most likely get more articles on how it isn’t genetic, or how it’s half and half, or how it’s controled by the stars, or how if you eat a lot of broccoli as a kid you’ll turn gay, blah blah blah

The only thing this research creates is more arguments with asshold christians and the people who don’t agree with them

How about we work on getting more people to believe that the Earth is 4.3 billion years old first?

(In other words, if people can’t accept that, they’re not going to bother to pay attention to any research on this subject)

Tell me, how much do you know about “biology”?

That’s a good point, Sin. And not just directed towards NightmareGun, but anyone who immediately doesn’t believe any research that contradicts their point of view. That just seems ridiculous to me. People love doctors and think they’re brilliant when they’re prescribing medicine to them, but they refuse to listen to them if they contradict their beliefs.

Homosexuality is not a fucking “choice” and neither is heterosexuality.

And believe me, I speak from experience here.

Yeah, I WISH I could be gay… They seem to have all the fun and alot better fashion sense… Damn my stupid genetics for making me love the girls!

Hey. I think I’m a good example of how homosexuality isn’t a choice.

The equation was used to refute the statement that 4% was too low for an allele controlling the recessive trait of homosexuality (assuming that it is genetically linked). If multiple homozygous recessive pairs are required to show the homosexuality phenotype, the percentage of population that is homosexual should be even lower.

People don’t believe that?

Yeah, the general argument they use is that God put the fossils and other shit there just to test our faith and see if we believed him instead of the scientists. Clever bugger went all-out with the decoration.

You’re a pretty good biological example for a lot of things. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats hilarious. As is your user title. Check your spelling on typed. <3

I’ve never heard that version before…-_-;;

I have. It sounded they were making it up as they went along.

In earlier times I’d try to reason with people in such threads. I’d try to prove them with rational, logical, scientifical argumentation that homossexuality is not wrong, hell-bounding, and whether it is or isn’t a choice does not matter - we have to learn how to cohexist in peace and harmony, not wishing harm to other people regardless of their sexual orientation.

Well, experience has showed me I was wrong all the time.

Not about my opinions, I still hold them true, I meant it for the reasoning part. Fanatical prejudicious narrominds will be fanatical prejudicial minds after all. Dialogue between pro and against sides is impossible as is, so let us throw gasoline in the fire instead of trying to put it out, and we shall rejoice with it.

<marquee width=“80%”>GAY JESUS LINK</marquee>

As did I. Considering their religions go back 2000/5000 years, it’s pretty strange none of this is in any of the bazillion religious texts their people have been writing for ages. Just sayin’

Dev: Thanks, I don’t know why I never remember that one.