The Commies

SO, was anyone else tuning into Comedy Central’s first ever awards ceremony last night?

I did, and I think it was fscking awesome.

there’s a thousand things I could say about it, but I;ll just say this: Rodney Dangerfield > All of us.

It was hilarious!
But I have one gripe…

HOW THE FUCK COULD JOHN STEWART’S DAILY SHOW BEAT LATE NIGHT WITH CONAN O’ BRIAN IN THE TALKSHOW/VARIETY AWARD???

Conan and Rodney Dangerfield>>>> all

Yeah, I watched it last night, 'twas funny.

This will be the only awards show i will ever see cause its the only one that is funny:yipee: .

But really the show was awsome:cool: lots of good stuff going
and shh John Stewert owns Connan O’ Brian :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Gizamaluke

HOW THE FUCK COULD JOHN STEWART’S DAILY SHOW BEAT LATE NIGHT WITH CONAN O’ BRIAN IN THE TALKSHOW/VARIETY AWARD???

I dunno, that’s a tough one… but The Daily Show beats it because of it’s time slot… Conan O’ Brian is on way too late for me to watch it during school.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
I dunno, that’s a tough one… but The Daily Show beats it because of it’s time slot… Conan O’ Brian is on way too late for me to watch it during school.

You got me there. But in terms of quality and funny:

Conan >>> John

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
[b]It was hilarious!
But I have one gripe…

[/b]

Well, Jon Stewart is consistently funny, while Conan can be really stupid sometimes. Plus, Conan plays off his self-pity a little too much.

Oh yeah, and The Daily show has educational value too. I watch it instead of watching the primetime news.

The Daily Show beat Conan O’Brian because The Daily Show’s humour is not nearly as utterly stupid.

Originally posted by PanamaJack
I watch it instead of watching the primetime news.

And that’s the only way I can learn about current events without getting utterly depressed :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t watch the Commies, but I did watch the Hebrew Hammer. That was pretty funny.

:too bad; I like utterly stupid stuff somewhat. Well for some reason i just don’t care for jon stewart, he acts so artifical with the guests. Of course conan o’brien has his bad points too which i think were mentioned. Doh i didn’t know what the commies were, i was thinking some movie about communists ^ _ ^;;;; opps. Hopefully i’ll get to see it tomorrow if its going to be reshown.

no surprise that Comedy Central’s Stewart and Daily Show win the awards Comedy Central is running :stuck_out_tongue:

Aww, Merl, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.

You know, like when FOX is broadcasting a big football or baseball game and there’s all those celebrities starring in FOX tv shows (but no other network’s shows) that just happen to be in the stands, and the cameras just happen to pan on to them, and then the broadcasters just happen to have knowledge of what their show is called and when it’s on.

wink

I’m sure the Daily Show – a comedy central show – won a comedy central-chosen award fair and square. :smiley:

Well Conan IS on Comedy Central.

He is, but his show is not a Comedy Central original. The episodes air on NBC first, and only in the last year or so have been rerun on CC.

I missed the Comedy Central award thingy!!! stupid school, I was so busy finishing projects I didn’t get to…I hate science projects…

I missed the thing, too, but not because of work (although I did have a lot of that). Mainly because my roommate and I are both too lazy to go buy a cable to hook up the TV.