the best song ever written

you’re all terribly wrong… well the pink floyd one comes pretty close. The best song ever written in my opinion is Machine Head’s “Blood for Blood”

No, man, you ignored my reference completly. It’s fucking Led Zeppelin’s Stairway to Heaven, and you’re completly wrong if you think otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dammit, someone beat me to the Tenacious D reference. I was going to say “that’s not the Best Song ever written, it was just a tribute.”

Damn mother-fucking straight Sat. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re talking about lyrics, you’re all brutally retarded. If you’re talking about composition, you’re still all brutally retarded.

Edit: Before anyone wets their overoffendable panties at my mild trolling, I’d just like to explain that this was NOT a serious post >_>; Though some of the songs listed do utterly blow, some are actually good. Not a single one compares with any truly genius songs like Danse Macabre by Camille Saint Saens, though.

They don’t compare with that song because they’re all so much better than it.

damn right

Actually, some of us HAVE. :ah-ha!:
(Of course, being from Puerto Rico, I’ve been exposed to stuff from both North and South American cultures all my life.)

And I don’t find Sobreviviendo (“Surviving”) that impressive. Sure, it’s got a point, but I’ve heard it explored better in other songs.

For Best Spanish Song Ever (and possibly Best Song Ever, period) I nominate LIBRE! (“FREE!”) by Nino Bravo, about a young man’s attempt to escape from tyranny- incredibly upbeat, yet tragic, a fact I only realized when I grew up.

Bravo was a popular singer from Spain who sadly, died in the 70’s; but his songs are still loved thruout Latin America today. Unfortunately I can’t find his songs online. If anybody knows where I can get them, PM me!!

Sigh Hades…other people have different tastes in music. That makes em no better or worse than your own.
Anyway, I Love Myself, the Wannadies. I mean, come on.

hey 984, what time is it?

IMHO- Best song ever. Voodoo Chile - Jimi Hendrix.

It’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time, Pierson.

The Greatest Song in the World (Tribute) by Tenacious D. :ah-ha!:

No.

Sigh Hades…other people have different tastes in music. That makes em no better or worse than your own.
I agree! Which is why I explicitly stated in my post that I was joking.

And then went on to say

Although now that I think of it, that could have been a joke too. >> I should stop posting when I’m tired. >>;;

We’ve already been over this, it’s not the greatest song in the world, it’s just a tribute.

what the fuck. this is not an invitation to list whatever fucking lameass song you currently like a lot. this is to discuss The Shame by the Blood Brothers. i can’t believe some of you impudent fuckers.

Fuglen, deLillos.

I downloaded that song, and I think it sucks, so far. The version I got only plays the song for a little bit, so I have to redownload it to hear the whole song, but from what I’ve heard, I think the vocals are a horrible attempt to copy Mike Patton.