The best concert of my life.

Last night, I saw Pearl Jam in concert. It was by far the best concert which I have ever attended in my life. The band played many of my favourites (Even Flow, Animal, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Do the Evolution) and well as some of the new material. The lighting, in manifold shapes and colours, danced around the stadium. There were no other special effects, but none were really needed; the vigour of the band (which I had doubted since Eddie Vedder’s years of climbing up into the lighting and then throwing himself into a crowd) was high, as they bounced around the stage. I was up on the balcony, but I was directly across from the stage, so I had an excellent view.

Highlights of the show included the best version of Even Flow which I have heard to date, with a guitar solo which (I am sure) exceeded five minutes. Later on, Eddie Vedder brought out a head of the likeness of Bill Gates (the “special guest” as he called it) and proceeded to thrash the real Bill Gates, saying that he had nothing much more to buy, and so he would buy Canada and other such things. During their next song, Do the Evolution, I am quite positive that Eddie changed some of the lyrics to “He’s a thief! He’s a liar!” so to refer to the Gates head. He then threw the head into the crowd in front of the stage.

The opening band was a Scottish band called Idlewild. I had heard of them beforehand, although I had never actually heard any of their songs. Now I may buy one of their albums.

Leaving the show, I was not euphoric, but very satisfied, and at the same time not emotionally distraught, but very moved. That is the effect which the music of Pearl Jam has on me, and obviously the effect was intensified by their music live.

Mike McCready remains my favourite guitarist.

Sounds like it was one hell of a show Perc, I am glad that you liked it and sorry that I was in the wrong part of the world to watch it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite lucky of you, Perc. I can only hope that when I go to see Iron Maiden (a long time from now, July), that they have so much “vigor.” They are older than Vedder is. :wink:

I don’t think you have to worry about Iron Maiden putting on a good show or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s cool that you enjoyed the concert. I’m not too fond of grunge, however I do like “Do The Evolution”, but that’s pretty much it.

Im catching Summer Sanitarium in July, I’m ripped about that one.

I heard the Pearl Jam concert was good, and that does sound really good. Glad you had a good time perc.