Telemarketer Get Their Just Desserts

Telemarketer Get Their Own Annoying Calls

I found this article funny, in which the author got tired of being called by telemarketers decides to publish the phone number of the company that called him and ask his readers to tell them what on their minds. Well safe to say the telemarketers are not too happy after this. :mwahaha: :hahaha;

Their just desserts?

Thats right- how DARE they do their job!

Originally posted by Cybercompost
[b]Their just desserts?

Thats right- how DARE they do their job! [/b]

That’s actually what I always think whenever people complain about telemarketers.

Been one, I’d definitely get a laugh out of those numbers. I’m willing to put up the place I was in before’s number, and then ask for me, just so I can get a laugh.

I don’t sweat the telemarketers calling any longer, thanks to the “two second rule.”

Originally posted by VickiMints
I don’t sweat the telemarketers calling any longer, thanks to the “two second rule.”

…dare I ask?

I didn’t elaborate before because I thought I had in a previous thread. Then again, a lot of people visit here and might want some helpful information, so here we go.

(cue dramatic music)

The Two-Second Rule

When the phone rings, I’ll answer it by saying hello. I’ll wait approximately two seconds for a response. If I get no response within that timeframe, I hang up. Here’s my reasoning - I think (and I could be wrong, as someone somewhere will surely prove me so) that telemarketers call several people at once and sort of take whoever bites first, and there’s a bit of a delay for that to kick in. Someone who calls specifically for you will go ahead and say hello fairly quickly in response. Besides, anyone who calls me knows about my two-second rule, so if I accidentally hang up on someone they’ll call back. A telemarketer won’t call you back under these circumstances (I think, and I hope, and I pray, lol).

There was a long-winded explanation for a little thing I do.

While telemarketers are annoying, I can understand that they have a job to do, and in some cases this is a company’s only way of getting new customers. So the people who are being vindictive and calling back are no better than those they oppose.

Too bad. They should find jobs that aren’t nearly as harrassing.

[b]I didn’t elaborate before because I thought I had in a previous thread. Then again, a lot of people visit here and might want some helpful information, so here we go.

(cue dramatic music)

The Two-Second Rule

When the phone rings, I’ll answer it by saying hello. I’ll wait approximately two seconds for a response. If I get no response within that timeframe, I hang up. Here’s my reasoning - I think (and I could be wrong, as someone somewhere will surely prove me so) that telemarketers call several people at once and sort of take whoever bites first, and there’s a bit of a delay for that to kick in. Someone who calls specifically for you will go ahead and say hello fairly quickly in response. Besides, anyone who calls me knows about my two-second rule, so if I accidentally hang up on someone they’ll call back. A telemarketer won’t call you back under these circumstances (I think, and I hope, and I pray, lol).

There was a long-winded explanation for a little thing I do. [/b]

Nice. I should try that.

If that’s their desserts, what did they have for dinner?

Telemarketers hangs up on me, I have no real idea as to why but I suspect it has something to do with me trying to sell them broken products.

Originally posted by Booken
Nice. I should try that.

I second that motion.

I do the same thing Nulani does.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Too bad. They should find jobs that aren’t nearly as harrassing.

Being a telemarketer is the coolest job ever, because you’re paid to annoy people, something I do very well, poontang-face.

I hate telemarket. There are other ways to get customers.

When I answer the phone and it’s telemarketing, I just say ‘fuck you’ and then hang up. A few years ago I had nothing to do for the weekend and I answered a call from some telemarketing. I spent some seven hours asking the silliest, stupidest, dumbest questions about their product and the caller had to answer them since he was job-bound to it. It was slightly pleasant torturing a telemarketer for such a long time.

The only thing worse than telemarketers are those who call back, even after you explain that no, you don’t want their products and yes, you do want them to piss off -_- Time to enrol in some hint-taking classes, methinks.

Worse are ones who offer to tell you crap like a small dog named Max, then, not realising they’ve called your mobile, demand to be put on to the person standing behind you :thud: (see (much) earlier thread of mine on the same subject :wink:

[b]I didn’t elaborate before because I thought I had in a previous thread. Then again, a lot of people visit here and might want some helpful information, so here we go.

(cue dramatic music)

The Two-Second Rule

There was a long-winded explanation for a little thing I do. [/b]
Actually (At least here) There’s a different reason.

There’s one main computer that dials out all the numbers. When it successfully gets through on one, it links the call to any workstation that is logged on and not marketting. The delay makes those 2 seconds.

Thanks for the clarification - I knew there was a delay, but I was unsure as to what caused it exactly. I was close, though!

The way I look at it, there’s no need to be rude to telemarketers if they aren’t rude to you. Then again, I just follow my rule and avoid the situation altogether.

By the way… if you’ve been called by a company before and you asked to be removed from their calling lists, isn’t it illegal for them to call you after that? There may be some sort of recompense for that.

I think it’s illegal to call someone for telemarketing even if that person never asked to be removed from the list. How did people appear in their lists in first place?