Tattoos

A little melodramatic I think - but, beyond that, I feel the same way.

As far as the tattoo goes, I think I’ll ask a latin teacher to translate the phrase “Only when we’ve lost everything are we free to do anything” into latin and have it tattoo’d. It’s kinda long though, so I don’t think that’s what it’s gonna be. Another idea I have is about space monkeys, sort of a curious george lookin character in a space suit holding a bar of fight club soap.
The Latin for that phrase would be pretty short, about seven words, but I’m not a fan of foreign-language tattoos. It just hides the message, and why do that unless it’s corny or embarassing? It’s like Britney Spears and her “mysterious” tattoo in Chinese.

I do like the second idea. Original, attention-grabbing, and symbolically significant.

Xwing1056

Or a fly. Yes, a fly, like a bug. And no, I’m not kidding. (not me, though)

I think I found the base picture, lemme upload it.

I’ll have him flip it, so that george is facing the right (not the left), change his right hand so that the palm is upwards (not downwards), change the other hand so that it is moved towards the other hand, make the fishbowl thing smaller (way smaller), alter his face so he has a bit of an evil grin, and put a bar of pink/purple soap in the upward facing palm.

I’m thinking of putting my phrase beneath that…

You’ll have to upload a picture of your tattoo when you get it, especially if its of Curious George. Curious George is the shit, and that sounds like it’d end up being a pretty cool tattoo.

Someone said something about the foreign-language tattoos, and I personally feel that if you can’t pronounce the word and know for a fact what it means you shouldn’t get it tattooed on your body. I’d say stay away from any tattoos of “AC/DC”. >_>

Just remember not to get drunk before-hand. Even if the tattoo artist is an ideot and lets you get it while drunk you shouldn’t for health and safety reasons.

Drinking alcohol before a tattoo thins the blood. In other words if you want to look at what he’s doing you’ll see more blood loss than necessary. Also it might cause him to mess up on your tattoo because of increaded bleeding.

Fun huh.

I don’t recommend getting a tattoo.

But if you’re going to get one, just get a tattoo of a potato above your ankle and call it a day.

I still say a chicken dinner would be better…

I can’t believe someone referenced a Sideways Stories from Wayside School book. And it was Merlin!

+2 Cool Points.

are you implying that I am not usually cool enough to reference Wayside School? :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool enough to organize fantasy baseball, but previously not cool enough to reference Wayside School. And the second book at that, which is way cooler.

Wow. I completely forgot about Wayside School… I haven’t read those since like… fifth grade. o_o

Ever read the Wayside School math book?

EDIT: Just found the name… Sideways Arithmetic from Wayside School.