Tattoos

I vote for the phoenix, too. If you’re going for colour I’ve heard red fades quickly, though.

Are you going for something in black or color?

That makes a big difference…

I’ve seen some really nice black pheonix designs. Styalized of course… I’ve also seen some gorgeous anks, but I don’t know if you’re even interested in them.

Beautiful quote of Red Vs. Blue. I love you Charl :smiley:

Been thinking about this a few times myself, often been tempted to get some form of Celtic design done… Celts rule! :smiley: In the end, I’ve sort of settled on an outline of “The Thinker”, a design full of both mystery and intellectuality. Not sure where to put it, though.

LMAO! XD

Guess I’m lucky I’m getting a Gaelic tattoo…and I know how it’s spelled so the tattoo artist won’t fuck me over.

I’m a fair man, i’ll give you a 10 second head start.

I’m still not really sure. Although I am intrigued by the snake eating it’s tail idea.

The infinity symbol is also a good one, but that’s kinda stretching the idea, in that you’d have to actually explain that one instead of just saying what it means.

Myth and shit is a great place to start though, thanks for that one.

Mythical symbols are fine, but a little overused in my opinion. Maybe a little too fantastic too. How about a bar of soap? You know what I’m referring to I think.

“The first soap was made from the ashes of heroes. Like the first monkeys shot into space. Without pain, without sacrifice we would have nothing.”

Xwing1056

Derrrr…lemme think. Is it Fight Club? Tyler Durden all the way.

Why do all the idiots gather at RPGC…?

As for the tatoo, I’d say go with something that holds significant meaning to you, like something related to your passion in life.

From www.despair.com - Idiocy: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Before you get the tatoo, make sure you get good and roaring drunk beforehand so you don’t back out of it. Also, in the morning, you’ll be suprized since you may not have remembered what you asked to be tatooed on your body the night before.

Or you can just get the barcode for Malibu Barbie tatooed under your right eye.

Most tattoo artists won’t ink you if you’re drunk.
It’s a bad idea anyway, you might end up with a tat of something you don’t want, in a place you REALLY don’t want it.

Like the name of your Ex (from several relationship ago) written on your Penis.

Big Nutter

Ah, good to know. I was just assuming. I love Norse mythology (actually, most mythology), and know it reasonably well, but such historical details like that I don’t rightly know at times. Sometimes I wish I’d gone into the Arts and studied history and such rather than Engineering.

Fight Club is about the only thing you and I agree on I think ;p

I hadn’t thought of that. I’ll try to find some obvious fight club imagery to use.

Well, I’ve changed since we last talked, and I think we’d agree on more now. No hard feelings about the past I hope? Anyway, if you do decide on a Fight Club image, I’ll be curious what it is.

Xwing1056

My main issue with you was your religious zealisim, which isn’t really a bad thing but people like that just make me nautious.

As far as the tattoo goes, I think I’ll ask a latin teacher to translate the phrase “Only when we’ve lost everything are we free to do anything” into latin and have it tattoo’d. It’s kinda long though, so I don’t think that’s what it’s gonna be. Another idea I have is about space monkeys, sort of a curious george lookin character in a space suit holding a bar of fight club soap.

If I ever got a tattoo, I’d definitely get one on my forehead (of an ankh or some sanskrit word, like ohm or who knows). Or an eye of horus on the skin around my eyes, or something…but I’d only do that if there were some symbolism I was inspired by and connected with deeply, cause…it’s disrespectful to just tattoo yourself with somebody else’s symbol, without giving it its due reverence and respect that can only come with time spent in its presence. On the other hand, getting it tattooed is a good way of coming to respect and revere it - you just gotta not take it for granted. The reason ancient symbols and animals are powerful is because many people attached depth and respect to them - to emblazon it on yourself, you need to come to love and respect it (the symbol) as much as you love and respect the idea it stands for.

That said, a phoenix would be really beautiful, if you can find a good tattoo artist. I’d put it sort of covering half my face, the wings reaching up and the tip of the beak near my forehead, but that’s just me and my obsession with drawing shit on my face :stuck_out_tongue: But your recent ideas are good too (of taking it from Fight Club), coz that’s something you’re already closer to than any sort of esoteric symbology.