Super happy fun Tales of Symphonia review

Also the Resident Evil Remakes are 2 discs.

If you could cast summons at will, then the game would be far less challenging.

Then again, it’s not THAT challenging with 2 players who totally outfight the AI. :smiley:

I killed the 2nd Sworddancer, I’m scared to think of the third, but we owned the 2nd easily: Photon, elemental spells from Zelos to keep him stunned, Lloyd and Presea uses knockback techs to keep him away from the mages.

Big spoiler: Did anyone else beside me managed to PWN Kratos when you fight him? Got me an EX Gem lv3, yessss.

Z, no, I was quite underleveled and without any good techs when I fought that guy, so no, I didn’t pwn him massively, and don’t even think about me pwning Yggdrasil.

I personally prefer Regal to Presea.

Response to Zero’s big spoiler:Yes, my friend and I defeated Kratos.

The 2nd Swond Dancer was a bitch.

Story spoilers:Right now we got the last of the summons and the two worlds are about to seperate.

I didn’t mean that the summons would be the same as they are now if they could be summoned at will. I meant they should have been more like they were in ToP.

I hope this isn’t too much of necroposting…but…

Just to let you know, you can’t do the Sword Dancer quest if you’ve already been to the Tower of Salvation, I think. I waited too long, and now I can’t start it up. Damnit…

I’ve already beaten the game (I LOVE this game!) and working on the new game thingy right now, trying to collect everything. This has to be the first game I’ve ever played and beaten throughly and found most of the hidden elements WITHOUT aide of a guide.

Sword Dancer 3: Owned
Abission: Owned

Final boss: About to be spanked hardcore.

That is all.

I just beat the wind seal and I really like the game. It also has a great sense of humor. The funniest thing was one of the skits that happened after finding the old man and having to give him the statue to read the book of regeneration (it’s during the Palmacosta part). Lloyd uses some big word to descride the old man and Raine gets all excited because of it and that he used it correctly.

Actually…

Tales of Phantasia (SNES/PSX/GBA)(trans/jap/jap)
Tales of Destiny (psx)
Tales of Eternia (PSX/PSP)
Tales of Fandom (not so much of a game as a fanservice compilation thingy)(psx)(jap)
Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2 Comming soon to the US!)
Tales of Symphonia (GameCube/PS2 Comming soon!)
Tales of Rebirth (PS2 Comming soon!)
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon (gameboy color)(jap)
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2(GBA)(jap)

Then of course there’s Star Ocean which is basically a Tales series with aliens and a 3 dimensional battle area.

No, no, Tales of Destiny II is PSX and already released. The Japanese equivalent is Tales of Eternia.

No. Tales of Destiny 2 is a Japanese PS2 game, and the direct sequal to Tales of Destiny.

Tales of Eternia is of course ToD2 in America, and I’m certin when ToD2 (ps2) is release here they’ll have to call it ToD3 or something similar.

High-fives Daria =D

More proof on this matter <<

Tales of Destiny II Original Soundtrack
Composer : Motoi Sakuraba, Shinji Tamura
Availability : Out of Print

Review : To clear things up right off, this is not the soundtrack to Tales of Destiny II on PS1, which is in
reality Tales of Eternia. This is the real Tales of Destiny II, on PS2 and never released outside of Japan.
Now that that’s over with, this soundtrack has alot of decent themes to offer, ranging from peaceful town
themes to frenetic battle themes. I can honestly say this is much better than the Tales of Phantasia OST
mentionned above, if you like Sakuraba at all, this soundtrack would be a good purchase.

Ah. How sure are you that it <i>will</i> be released here? :smiley:

Garr, Farah and Meredy show up in Symphonia for a 3v3 exhibition match in the arena.

It is brutality incarnated, because while you get moves such as Raging Beast (.8 damage .8 damage x3 damage) Farah has Chaos Beast (3x 3x 3x severe knockback stun/knockdown) plus Meredy is the only enemy in the game that has fastcast/ressurection.

We managed to own them, but it was thru harsh and messy combat/combos with Lloyd/Regal while Raine was casting Revitalise like crazy.

Is Garr a character that I don’t know about or an expletive?

Might be a bad translation of Chester, I got no idea who he is myself, save that he shoots arrows and has a tendency to headshot my cleric.

Might be from Tales of Destiny 1, the one we DIDN’T get. Farah and Meredy are from ToD2

Yeah, probably from Destiny I then. They shoulda just put Reid in :stuck_out_tongue:

If This Garr has white hair and blue armor then he just might be Garr from TOD 1,can you post a description or picture to make sure?

Well right after Symphonia came out Namco announced they were bringing over a port of Symphonia, Rebirth and Destiny 2. So if any of them end up canceled at a later date I’d imagine Destiny 2 would be the first to go (being 2d and all). But as of now at least it’s been announced.

Source: Magic Box who I believe stole the information from IGN.