Super Bowl

I didn’t even realize the super bowl was on until 5 minutes after it started, someone messaged me yelling about the coin toss.

I think I saw a commercial or two.

I missed the game for LARP.

The commercials sucked. That’s all I cared about.

snoreathon.

Merlin’s brightest spot of the night was seeing Tom Brady on the field then realizing the Pats lost 3 weeks ago. >.>

My girlfriend and I were busy making people around the TV in the mall feel uncomfortable. Well, really, we were just sitting together with her explaining to me her limited knowledge of the rules and me commenting on how rugby was better. But people were all nervous around us, and it was hilarious. I guess these football guys at the mall were afraid to goth-lookin’ kids were going to judge and shun them or something.

Someone has recreated yesterday’s bore, unfortunately wrong uniform was used on the loser.

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/animal_humor/go_steelers_dog/

The refs were biased, but what really shot me down was the sheer lack of humor in the majority of the commerials. Save for a few standouts they were largely boring.

I honestly don’t think they were biased.

The touchdown was too close to overturn after ruled a touchdown, and I think he crossed the plane. Our camera views of the goalline are actually at an angle, so it’s harder to tell on TV.

The push off, while weak, was a push off. Same thing happened to Michael Irvin in Super Bowl XXX (I think that’s the one). It’s almost never called, but both of them were stupid enough to do it just two yards directly in front of the ref.

In the “phantom holding,” the lineman’s hands did encircle the defender. He’s got one hand inside the body still, but the other one is wrapped around the side.

Hasselbeck’s block was a bad call, yes. However, at first, I thought he blocked below the knees too. On the play, there was another player running next to the int returner. He slips and fall right in front of Hasselbeck (about a yard away) then Hasselbeck makes the tackle. Since no refs really had a side on view, it would look like a block below the knees.

If the refs were horribly biased in favor of the Steelers, then why would they overturn the fumble? I’m sure they could’ve crapped out a reason why just barely grazing Hasselbeck before he fumbled the ball didn’t count as him being down. They pulled it off with Troy P.

Then, in Big Ben’s second pick, the one returned for 76 yards or whatever, Big Ben was BLATANTLY blocked in the back. Biased refs would’ve called it easily. They also wouldn’t have called the two false starts at the start of the game on the Steelers.

Maybe Stevens shouldn’t be such a soft TE and actually catch the ball. Maybe the Seahawks could’ve displayed better clock management at the end of both halves (they wasted like 30 seconds at the end of the first half between two downs). Maybe the kicker could’ve made one of the two long kicks. Maybe the Seahawks could’ve capitalized better on the fact that the Steelers had no first downs in the first quarter.

In the end, it was just a rather sloppy game played by two surprisingly sloppy teams. The media just has to invent some sort of “THEY GOT SCREWED” in order to explain it.

Holding was only called when Seattle had a big play. Holding was NEVER called on the Steelers throughout the entire game. Of course, holding is sometimes a rather tough penalty to call, but what are the odds of all that happening?. I’m not saying it was a conspiracy, but it wasn’t a very well-officiated game, and almost all the calls (aside from a couple of meaningless false starts at the very beginning of the game) just happened to go against Seattle (coincidence or not, you can decide). This sort of shit has been plaguing the NFL lately (Pittsburgh/Indianapolis anyone?).

Stevens dropping all those passes was his way of paying homage to the Seahawks’ recent past. Dropped passes were the reason the Seahawks kept losing in the first round the last couple years. =(

There was the big offensive pass interference on Pitt too. 1st or 2nd quarter.

In response to losing in the first round the past few times… “WE WANT THE BALL AND WE’RE GOING TO SCORE.”

>.>

And, to add even more intrigue to it, the one city that would have really taken offense at this game, Seattle, had a heck of a blackout that lasted until near the end of the game.

;_;