Suikoden III

I recently started playing this game again and I’m not sure about something. As some of you might know, I’m a perfectionist when it comes to getting every item. In one FAQ I read I heard you get some “complementary items” from the lottery. How does this work? I thought you only got money from in the FAQ it tells that you can get books and recipes at certain towns. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sometimes items are given out as low end prizes, but generally nothing very useful, mostly bath stuff, low grade herbs, and the occasional recipe.

The complimentary prize is the prize you’ll win if you match the bottom set of numbers at a lottery.

It’s the only way to get a few recipes (which can be very useful if you take advantage of them), and some other stuff.

Try winning the grand prize if you really want to be a perfectionist. =P

I’m not concerned with winning the grand prize of unlimited money because I plan to level up with many characters before I pick my final party.

I maganed to get the recipes from the first two towns using the soft resetting trick. Thanks for explaining.

Good, because you have about as much chance of winning that as you do of winning the real lottery. =P