Suicide threats

You’re not boring, Nul. Maybe a little frightening for most non-spiritual people, but definitively not boring.

I was talking about death, not Death.

It’s hard to figure out whether it’s a false call or not. Some people you just can’t tell about, because after a while people get really good at hiding their feelings. The best thing you can do is be a pillar of support. Try and hang around that person a little more, and really listen to what they have to say. Some problems are best handled by just listening, and trying to understand.

If you are seriously concerened, talk to someone you can trust. Do not ever talk to a school counselor, because if you even mention suicide, then they have to call a county employee that specializes in that type of situation, to which they blow the situation out of the spectrum - they have to call parents. A few months back I was in, what my therapists labeled, a medium to heavy depression. During class one day I was so caught up in my own self destruction that I excused myself from class to talk to one of the school counselors, which proved to be the biggest mistake of them all. Talk to someone you trust, which could be a friend or a teacher, but whatever you do, school counselors are out. If you talk to a teacher, be sure to make it very clear that you want the situation to stay as micro managed as possible. Trying to get a lot of help very quickly is overwhemling, and can make the situation worsen. Understand that not everyone wants help when it’s given to them, and that some people have to seek help for themselves. Be sure to keep the trust this person gives you, that is one of the most important things you can do.

RPGC is the only cure.

I realize that the above comment was a joke, but understand that for situations there really are no cures. Just time and healing.

One word that cures all:

Lobotomy.

You slap them and say suck it up! We all have problems, deal with it. Life’s a bitch and then you die. If everyone committed suicide because their life was hard, only rich spoiled brats who never have to do anything would be alive. And they’re the only ones who deserve to die!

Believe it or not, not everyone is perfect like you. Some peopel have a heard time dealing with things when they have no hope. You have to help them work otu their problems. If all ti took to get people over suicide was slappign them and telling them life’s ahrd, we wuldn’t ahve suicide centers and it wouldn’t be that big of a thing. However, that doesn’t work (I can only imagine that advice pushing them over the edge) so we have to try other methods, like beign their friend and supporting them through their trouble.

Well, minus the slapping part, explaining that life is full of bumps can help. Some people don’t realize that life will be hard, sometimes against our best efforts. But slapping people around won’t solve anything, and will most likely worsen the situation.

Infonick, I was being sarcastic.

To be honest, that’s what I did when I felt suicidal, and I still believe it’s the best thing I did.

What, you went to a school counselor? Did they do what I described? Because if they did, all it did was piss me off.

Well, I know I’ll sound like a heartless bastard (which is becoming more and more common lately), but I’d ignore them. I know from experience that almost all the time, it’s a cry for attention, if you help them by giving them advice and shit like that, they start to cling to you and send you on guilt trips and blackmail you emotionally. If you tell them they won’t do it and that they’re faking it, they’ll do everything in their power to make you believe that they’ll do it, without actually attempting suicide.

If you just ignore them, they’ll know they won’t get any attention from you so they’ll either go away and off to some other poor sucker who doesn’t know better or they’ll actually top themselves and you’ll feel guilty for a few years and eventually get over it. It wasn’t your problem anyway, it was theirs.

If a person truly wants to kill themself, there’s really nothing you can do to stop them. If a person truly wants to kill themself, it means there’s an all-consuming stain on their life which they just can’t or don’t want to overcome. Conversely, if a person really doesn’t want to kill themself, than you’re not going to push them to it by ignoring their signs and threats and what have you.

Well yeah. But Ms. Reisner handled it a bit more delicately than that…

I’m VERY sure that it would be worth breaking thier trust if they honestly want to kill themselves.

Just so you all know. clothhat talked me into killing myself. so, see you all in hell. bye

If all else fails, chopping off the arms and legs will make suicide practically impossible.

:mwahaha:

If that fails, hide all the guns, aspirin jars, etc. and keep a close eye on the wacko.

Also, a religious disposition that “SUICIDE WILL SEND YOU TO HELL!” works wonders on suicidals, it’s stopped me from doing it over three times.

Excuse me while I beat the living shot out of ClothHat at the first opportunity.

Lies, I merely asked him to stop pretending like he was going to kill himself, as he’s been doing the past several weeks, in order to get sympathy, attention, free internet counseling, or whatever.

Excuse me while I laugh.