Star Ocean Q's

Heyas. :sunglasses:

I’d just like to draw people’s attention here:

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=9366&topic=10907566

If you’re not registered for the GameFAQs boards, please post your thoughts here. Thanks!

I really don’t care about 100% anally accurate translations myself. Whatever’s convenient and understandable should always be the one they use. If a joke only worked in Japanese (like a play on words or a cultural references) I’d like a similar joke, a different joke, or no joke at all in its place, not a stupid joke that makes no sense and requires a page long explanation. “Hello honourable person, what is your designation?” “To the land of wind and ghosts!” “Aahahahahahaha!” “Ahahahaha!”

1.) I think it would be best to change the character’s name to Don. It’s an English translation and I think it would make the most sense to have common names for the characters.

2.) Call the skill a Combo Skill and the technique a Combo Tech.

I really think it’s great that you’re helping with the translation Cid. Keep up the great work. If you come across any other questions, post them here.

I don’t like Don. Don’s not a hero’s name, it’s friggin’s Barney Fife for God’s sake. Dorn is a lot more, uhh, RPG-y. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Spinner 8
Don’s not a hero’s name, it’s friggin’s Barney Fife for God’s sake.

I wish I still archived myself a list of quotes from various Internet people. That one’s definately a keeper. =P