Square-Enix is going into Toy Business

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6080954.html

Hmm… never seen anything that has the (hyphenated) word “cash-in” written all over it more than this, but if it’s well done, and not too expensive when it’s released in the west, it might be worthwhile…

Hmm… I wish the article would tell us more about the action figures, like the size and all. Yeah they are just trying to milk the games for more money, but I know I will be supporting them.:cool:

You know why this doesn’t excite me? Look at the games they’re making toys from… that’s right, Final Fantasy VII through X. Those games already have ENOUGH toys, trinkets and statuettes.

Why can’t Square Enix make merchandise for their older games? You know, like Xenogears models, a Final Fantasy Tactics chess set, Star Ocean 2 walkie talkies, etc… or even just an action figure of someone from an older FF, like a Cecil or an Exdeath or a Terra or something.

Where are my Rock-em-sock-em Cloud and Sephiroth dummies?

Or alternatively, Pimp- n’ Bitch-slap’em Tifa and Scarlet dolls…

…will be sold at the price of 500 yen ($4.50)…

…and $50000 on ebay for us North Americans. Im not excited unless there will be a selphie doll. Oh baby, let me hold you in my arms…

A talking Cid from FF7 doll. Pull his string and he swears.

Originally posted by Devillion
…and $50000 on ebay for us North Americans. Im not excited unless there will be a selphie doll. Oh baby, let me hold you in my arms…

SEPHY!!! eeeeee! :slight_smile: hops around fangirlishly

They should make a black mage doll.

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
A talking Cid from FF7 doll. Pull his string and he swears.

Heh. One more reason to wish for them to go back into the earlier installments of the series. I’d definitely plunk down cash for a talking Kefka.

Though, of course, deep down, I’ll be holding out hope for the Spank-Me-Quistis plush doll (like Tickle-Me-Elmo, only for older kids. :P)

Characters to be released in the Volume 1 collection are: Cloud Strife (FFVII), Sephiroth (FFVII), Rinoa Heartilly (FFVIII), Vivi Ornitier (FFIX), Yuna (FFX), Lulu (FFX), and one unannounced, secret character. The figures will hit retailers at the end of March, 2004.

What? No Squall? BOOOOOOO! Well, I suppose he could be the hidden character. It’d probably be Aeris though. Hopefully if it’s her, she comes with with custom-sized casket [cuz she’s DEAD, see, as dead as Elvis. get over it.]

Let the speculation commence, I suppose. Squall, Aeris, Zidane…

The system works similar to trading cards, since the packages are unmarked and contains a random figure, which can be collected and traded with other people to complete a full set.

WHAT!!! Uh oh…

I do not like this. Not at all. You say trading card like system, I say scam to trick people into paying for the same thing over and over again.

…Oh, wait, heh. [Insert snide comment about similarities in FF games down the years…]

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
[b]You know why this doesn’t excite me? Look at the games they’re making toys from… that’s right, Final Fantasy VII through X. Those games already have ENOUGH toys, trinkets and statuettes.

Why can’t Square Enix make merchandise for their older games? You know, like Xenogears models, a Final Fantasy Tactics chess set, Star Ocean 2 walkie talkies, etc… or even just an action figure of someone from an older FF, like a Cecil or an Exdeath or a Terra or something. [/b]

Dalton : 3 words : eBay. Front. Mission. 8P You’ll find a good deal of wanzer figurines along with games and bootleg soundtracks(don’t mind those <.< >.>).

Oh jolly, imagine what boys will do to the girl figures.

… Mayl, you’d better hit me before I do.

Comin’ right up! [WHAMF WHAMF WHAMF]

That’s just a total con!

I didn’t think this was news. I just naturally assumed Square-Enix would make toys. I mean, Enix was huge in the toy industry. However, based on the history of Enix’s toy division, and the slim sales of previous Final Fantasy toys (compared to other comparable toys on the market), the chances of anyone other than Japan seeing them is slim to none.

Originally posted by Nulani

I don’t know, probly have sex with them or something if you really wanna imagine it…

Nonsense, BMO. Boys in the age to collect something like this will trade the girl figurines away because they have cooties on them…

And the guys’ figurines have bigger swords on them anyway >>;

Of course… there have been action figures around forever…

8D8D8D8D

You too, Devillion! [WHAMF WHAMF WHAMF]

I HAVE some FF figures! I have figures of Seifer, Rinoa, Zell, Zidane and Vivi. They’re up right next to my Saint of Killers figure.