Sprite Thread

Where can I find FF IV and SD3 spritesheets?

(Whew, he didn’t ask for a Captain Commando sprite-sheet)

http://www.rpgicons.com should answer your beck and call, if not, then just rip the sprites yourself, ya lazy git!

Yeah. I’m the one asking for that CapCom sprite sheet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Look there! Sprite Rogue’s kissing Sprite Storm!

flees

OK, I’ve managed to make a crude sprite, but could someone get rid of the white background by making it transparent?

Manus, that’s no sprite, that’s a badly done Paint drawing.

Can someone here please tell me how to make sprites transparent?

What program are you using? I can help you with Paint, but that’s it.

I use paint.

When your image is a .gif :

Image -> Attribute -> Transparancy, then choose the color of the background.

Voila.

Originally posted by Igatona
Manus, that’s no sprite, that’s a badly done Paint drawing.

Actually, it’s an enlarged, refitted and recolored sprite. But I still need to smooth the edges and add more detail. And I’ll have you know that this was my first attempt, and that I made it in a hurry, with Paint, around 4 am.

It is a .gif, and when I check attributes, it only says Height, Width, CM, Pixels, Inches, Black and White, and Color.

Originally posted by Manus Dei
Actually, it’s an enlarged, refitted and recolored sprite. But I still need to smooth the edges and add more detail. And I’ll have you know that this was my first attempt, and that I made it in a hurry, with Paint, around 4 am.

Okay.

No matter what it looks like, that still looks uglay and is not a sprite. If it was a sprite, when enlarged, you could see the pixels.

BTW : Mine ISN’T enlarged.

The reason you can’t see the pixels is because I adjusted the outlines. I made sure of that.

Well, it looks like I’ll never find out how to make a Sprite Transparent.

Can Someone find me a picture of Luke Skywalker wiht his Green Lightsaber and shrink it.

I am horrible at changing pictures.

i Also cant find him WITH his lightsaber.

You will have my undying profuse thanks.

“Beware, I am but a taste of the rediscovered DOS spritingness that I shall spread around once more!!”

• Our friendly Blue Wizard

Originally posted by luke skywalker
[b]Can Someone find me a picture of Luke Skywalker wiht his Green Lightsaber and shrink it.

I am horrible at changing pictures.

i Also cant find him WITH his lightsaber.

You will have my undying profuse thanks. [/b]

Shrink the sprite, or the lightsaber?

Originally posted by Igatona
[b]When your image is a .gif :

Image -> Attribute -> Transparancy, then choose the color of the background.

Voila. [/b]

Scias, I don’t know what kind of weird mumbo-jumbo you’re using, but that works for me.

Manus : The point of a sprite is to have a 16-bit/32-bit represenation as if you were in a game. I’m sorry to say, but if I saw that ugly thing in a game, I’d run away. It might have been based off a sprite, but it evolved into something mutant that I wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot pole. However, if you keep working with that, you could become a good Paint illustrator, but as far as spriting goes…you’re off the charts.

I’m pretty sure the MS Paint in XP can’t make transparent .gif files.