Spring 08

Hop to it, peons. I want to know what’s being shown at the moment. The only thing I’m following at the moment is Gundam 00, so what is is good (enough). Leave out anything that has nothing but stock lines (that eliminates about half of everything ever) or too many pastel colors.

Spring season doesn’t really start until next month and most of winter shows are finishing up. Do you want a recommendation that you can start watching now and get a weekly dose of or will any recent one do?

The only anime that I’m currently watching right now are the second season of Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei and Denou Coil (I think that’s how they’re spelled but I could be wrong). Sorry that I don’t have anything more recent at the moment, but as you said it’s spring time to start looking (plus who has the time for anime when SSBB is sitting in your Wii).

There’s also the possibility of a second season of Haruhi, but whether or not that’s true or interesting is something I can’t tell you.

Minami-ke Okawari is about the only thing currently airing that I can recommend. It’s a slice-of-life comedy, kind of like Azumanga Daioh, but focused around three sisters and their friends rather than a group of classmates. You’ll want to watch Minami-ke first to understand why Makoto and Touma are cross-dressing. Also, it’s almost over.
Maybe Shigofumi too (which is also almost over). It’s kind of like Jigoku Shoujo-lite, but with more recurring characters and ongoing plot, and the main character only delivers letters from the dead instead of cursing people.

As for coming shows, the second season of xxxHolic is starting. Other than that, I have no idea.

You could try Mnemosyne if you want sex and violence. It’s a 2 episodes into a 6 episode OVA about… well, the plot’s not really the draw… an immortal chick who runs a consulting agency (does odd jobs for hire).

Minami-ke Okawari is indeed awesome. Everyone is totally gay for Haruka

Also I think some Kimi ga Nozomu Eien OVAs are coming out

Fixed.

Or, wait, did you mean in the series itself?

Yeah I did

I really don’t like Okawari… it feels like they just ran out of ideas in the first season and are just exaggerating what they had for cheap kicks. Kana gets more and more annoying and stupid with each episode (I wanted to STRANGLE her during the valentine one), Hosaka gets less and less screentime (And that’s bad because Hosaka is AWESOME), the little four-eyes kid offers nothing and there’s not a sign of the Minami brothers. I’m just wtching for Makoto and Touma right now.

Other than that, been watching Persona Trinity soul and bored the hell out of me. SZS is great but the subs come out every blue moon, and I finally cracked and started watching Hayate.