Spoiled brats

Congratulations to you and your school. Way to go!

Off topic: age 101, as in Bill 101. Just google it.

I’ll admit it. I’m an extremely ungrateful and spoiled brat. I don’t really appreciate most things I get, and usually want more. I don’t even think of the poor kids on the other side of the world with bugs crawling on their faces. I don’t even know how to help them, and if I did, I probably wouldn’t. : \

Dude, I’m a grooveologist, not a biologist nor anyone closely related to the field of science.

Seif : NOT COOL mentioning Bill 101 over here…

SHIT!!! Fucking ingrate ;P.

I was only joking about the previous comment. But you are definitely not alone. There are many like you. I just don’t happen to fall in that group. Having experienced homelessness and being poor trying to live life, I have a very adamant respect for less fortunate people. I give to charity whenever I can. I’ll kick back cigarettes to someone who’s in detox. I’ll even buy a homeless man a meal. When you help the less fortunate, you get rewarded with good karma. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be in the form of money, or lust like some like to think. It could be something more subtle, like making a new friend, or if you’re ever in a situation where you’re down, someone else who sees the good in you will help, also. Even in a non-monetary sort of way.
All of this goes back to my story I posted earlier. But since you haven’t experienced in life what I have, you are more likely to feel how you do, Lanyx. But don’t come crawling to those people you shun for help if they get a leg up and do something about their situations to get on the right track. Because even though your current attitude towards being spoiled sucks, you’ll change your views as you become more mature and responsible. At least I hope you would. But at least you’re able to admit that you are spoiled and know rather than try to deny it like countless kids I used to go to high school with. And that alone will improve your character. Because if you are able to admit this shortcoming, then you also have the power to overcome it.

Thing is, I’d rather help out if I can, but a lot of the homeless I’ve met begging ask for money for a meal, but when you say “Dude, I’ll buy you a meal at local restaurant.”, they just cuss at you and shit. Those guys, as much as it might pain you to hear it, seriously don’t deserve that much help if they’re just gonna lie to get your help. I can understand if the lie is well-constructed, but that one…well, isn’t. I’ve yet to find one that said “Thanks” or actually WANTED the meal I was offering him (hell, I’d have paid for it all). I’ll help out with spare change if I’ve got some, but most of the time I don’t.

I remember a couple of homeless guys that needed money to take the bus for different reasons (getting to the OBM (Old Brewery Mission, basically shelter for the homeless), getting to another town because they might find a relative that will help them, whatever the reason), and fuck, I paid for their fares, and they were damn happy about it (as far as why I know they actually took the bus, in most cases, I saw him get in the bus, and in others, I was actually riding the bus with them).

You are absolutely right.

Are you from Montreal? Do you know about Emmett “Pops” Johns? The guy sounds almost like Mother Theresa, working with homeless kids.

That’s cool. More than just cool. You know what you are talking about. I am glad that you came trough that period of your life unscathed.

That’s one dirty bill.