Soul Calibur 2

I use Cervantes and Asteroth.

I got the Xbox version.

Spawn kicks Link’s ass. :wink:

Most of the time I use Rapheal, Talim, or Spawn.
Sometimes just for the hell of it I pick Charade.

Yeah i got this game when it came out for the GCN. I love it, fun game especially with me, Ramza and Kaldori keep fightning aginst eachother. I use Talim mostly cause of her speed and her combos.
And another thing Link isnt all that good you just need to learn to guard and hit him at the right time, Ive used him all the time aginst Ramza and get my ass kicked cause he knows how to kill link fast.

I shit you not when I say I think SoulCalibur II is the best fighting game out on the market. Period.

Anyway, I use:

Link – he’s got range AND he can deal damage up close. His grabs are kinda weak, but he makes up for it with that goddamn bow.

Talim – Talim is amazing. She’s like Maxi, except she does more damage and you actually have to have some idea of what you’re doing to use her.

Nightmare – Nightmare’s big, strong, and can kick your ass. He’s got nice range and TONS of damage.

I HATE:

Yunsung – I CAN’T DO ANYTHING WITH HIM. He keeps dancing around with his moves and while he’s trying to show off I get nailed.

Well i rented this game some time ago and my favorite characters are:Talim,Mitsurugi and maybe Necrid he was a lot faster than i thought he would be and some great kicks.

SC2 is okay. I don’t know how balanced it is, but most anyone who’s discussed fighting games with me know that I usually don’t enjoy unbalanced fighting games. This one isn’t half bad though.

Personally, I like Yoshimitsu. He was my best character in the Tekken games, and even though he’s really weird in this game, I can still tear it up pretty good. I would suck at the real game though, because all I can do with anyone is a bunch of cheap shots with Cervantes :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been playing weapons mode with Yunsung for a while now, I think i’m in chapter 6. Whichever one is The Second Gate. I’ve gotta say that once you get his moves down, he’s pretty cool. I like playing characters that others hate, it’s fun:)

Yunsung really isn’t bad. It’s just that his power moves happen to only hit if you’re a certain distance away instead of being up close and personal, plus his attack isn’t that good in the first place, so people don’t like him too well. His ring-out ability’s okay though.

The Soul Calibur boards at GameFAQs say Yusung is the worst character in Soul Calibur.

More like Mitsurugi > All.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
More like Mitsurugi > All.

More like:

Talim >>> all

He has some fast combo’s, as well as a good balance and feel. And I don’t like to listen to what boards say; I do my own thing with fighters. Besides, if he really sucks all that badly, when I finally decide to play someone else, i’ll whoop some ass:)

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
[b]SC2 is okay. I don’t know how balanced it is, but most anyone who’s discussed fighting games with me know that I usually don’t enjoy unbalanced fighting games. This one isn’t half bad though.

Personally, I like Yoshimitsu. He was my best character in the Tekken games, and even though he’s really weird in this game, I can still tear it up pretty good. I would suck at the real game though, because all I can do with anyone is a bunch of cheap shots with Cervantes :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]

SG loves fighting games, but actually only likes 3 of’em. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Nightblade
SG loves fighting games, but actually only likes 3 of’em. :stuck_out_tongue:

What are his favorites?

I assume 2 of them are Tekken and Street Fighter.

Well I dunno, Virtua Figher’s pretty popular, and there’s Bloody Roar, and all those [This company] vs [That company] (i.e. Capcom vs SNK, X-men vs. SF etc

That’s not true Nightblade :stuck_out_tongue: I just usually dislike unbalanced fighters. I like all Tekkens after 2, but they’re HELLA unbalanced. I’m skeptical as to whether or not SC2 is very balanced, but I like it. X-Men Vs Street Fighter is a broken game in many ways but I like it a lot. I just favor more balanced games, like Street Fighter 2, Marvel Vs Street Fighter, and Capcom Vs SNK 2.

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
That’s not true Nightblade :stuck_out_tongue: I just usually dislike unbalanced fighters. I like all Tekkens after 2, but they’re HELLA unbalanced. I’m skeptical as to whether or not SC2 is very balanced, but I like it. X-Men Vs Street Fighter is a broken game in many ways but I like it a lot. I just favor more balanced games, like Street Fighter 2, Marvel Vs Street Fighter, and Capcom Vs SNK 2.

Ha!
Street Fighter and Tekken! Who called it?
Me!

Instead of praising one character as being >>>>>>>>>> than any other character… I’ll just say that it depends on who you like to use. I’ve seen people use Mitsurugi and completely stomp any competition without taking a hit, same goes for Talim, Kilik, Link (who has an awesome ringout throw… where he spins over your arm and kicks you. HELLUVA good for weapon master matches), Spawn… ANYBODY! SC2 is very balanced since any character can rip your face off like a paper towel with the right person behind the controller.

My personal fav though, is Voldo. I don’t know why but I’m just really good with him… and then there’s the creep out factor that some people get looking at the freak. That helps too:mwahaha:

I’ve played all three version extensively and I have to say the GCN version is my favorite, although the learning curve for the controller was a little higher than Xbox or PS2.

I’ve found that SC2 is really balanced, except for when the computer plays it. The computer can knock you out wih Astaroth or Cervantes in like three seconds if you get careless… Stupid huge, powerful guys…

Oh yeah, my favorite weapons are definitely the Megaton Hammer and the Great Fairy’s Sword for Link :slight_smile:

You are so late it isn’t even funny.

(Has been playing this in arcades ever since…oh, say, October/November of 2002)

And by the way.

Conquest > Weapon Master

There’s actually challenge in Conquest.