Sorry, I need to vent.

As some of you may know (but most don’t), I have a job at the local amusement park (I can hear a few of you laughing, and that’s IRL…I doubt you’d be laughing that hard, anyway), and lately, they’ve stuck me on the terrace for two days straight. If there’s something that has shattered any faith in humanity I once had, this was it.

So I’ll rip off CH and write a : Guide to not get the busboy to shove a broomstick up your ass. And believe me, he will.

1. The Busboy hates his job

Yes, he does. He doesn’t like washing the shit you do. So please, if there are proper disposal facilities (garbage cans), please put your junk in it. Already, he’ll have a little less to do and he’ll be eternally grateful

1. Don’t leave shit on the table

Be them trays or anything, don’t leave it on the table. Most restaurants in amusement parks have a place to put trays, and have garbage cans nearby. If it doesn’t, just look at where there’s a big pile of trays, and go put it THERE. Not on top of the freakin’ garbage cans (that’s if they have a top) Speaking of which…

1. Do not, under ANY circumstance, put your tray in the garbage can

If it’s an accident, I can understand. However, some people do this deliberately. This will probably make the busboy angry if he sees you, and if he’s a tad violent, he’ll go and kick your ass. Believe me, he won’t hold himself in check if he sees you.

1. Foreign objects go in the trash

I found a tampon box on the terrace this Friday. Igatona was not pleased.

1. Do not feed the birds

They shit on the terrace, and the busboy has to wash this so you can eat in a relatively clean environment.

1. Be respectful to the busboy

If you have to ask him information, accost him in a friendly manner. He’ll be glad to answer. If your table’s dirty, ask him to wash it in a friendly manner. Of course, if he doesn’t answer, you can kick that the fuck away and yell at the fucker. He hates his job because there’s morons that throw shit on the floor instead of the garbage cans, so please, don’t make it too hard on him.

That should be it. I can understand that a lot of you will say “You shouldn’t have taken this job.” to this, I say “Fuck you.”, I needed a job, they offered one, I took it. I’m searching for a better job, but I haven’t found any others. Some people make me want to bring my dagger at the job and just gut the fuck out of them if we’re running low on burger meat.

Anyway, I vented.

you work at McDs in La Ronde?

Not McDs. Tex-Mex.

Same shit, but with a Mexican twist and different stuff. We do household-style chips though. That’s our main seller.

I worked as a busboy at my uncle’s restorant for a few months and I know what you’re going trough. Everyone hear him or face your doom.

I really don’t understand why people are such slobs. I’m one of those people who would probably hit the busboy station and clean the table myself so the busboy doesn’t have to do it.

I also return my clothes from the dressing room to the racks where I found them. I fix clothes on hangers, and I organize the shelves in grocery stores.

Maybe I shouldn’t have said these things…

Yes, a lot people do treat buspersons like lower lifeforms…same goes for janitorial workers. -_-;;

It depends a bit on the area too, Iga :stuck_out_tongue: Some places just have frequenters that are sloppy.

Not a bad guide for a beginner. You did leave off, “Start bitching at the busboy if he brings you your order but you think it’s wrong. When he tells you that this is actually what you ordered, physically attack the busboy.”

i never knew why so many people were such slobs…

“c’mon people, are we really this lazy?”

I usually try to be nice , but there are occasions I’ll give someone shit. Usually I don’t give shit to the bus boy. I attack at higher levels. Shit travels downwards, not upwards.

Originally posted by VickiMints
[b]I really don’t understand why people are such slobs. I’m one of those people who would probably hit the busboy station and clean the table myself so the busboy doesn’t have to do it.

I also return my clothes from the dressing room to the racks where I found them. I fix clothes on hangers, and I organize the shelves in grocery stores.

Maybe I shouldn’t have said these things… [/b]

We need more people with your outlook. You see boys and girls, Vicki is what we call a Good Citizen.

I just want to add that I too have run afoul of this attitude while working at [SHINRA]. And I don’t have to do nearly as much in the way of picking up after people/ cleaning and wiping crap down as Iga does at his job. But even the little that I do have to occasionally do, it irks me when people are such slobs. (So I don’t know how you deal with it Iga, because I can already tell you have to do a helluva lot more cleaning up after these people than I do).

“Dur hur hur, it’s not my house, so I don’t have to pick up after myself! Wheee! Carte Blanche! I get to make as big a mess as I want! Wuahaha!”

And we just serve drinks. Thank God we don’t serve real actual food, or it would be infinitely worse.

[I dread to think about the horrors of being the busboy’s counterpart at a baseball/football stadium, because I know as a patron/mess causer there that it is DEFINITELY an accepted part of fan culture to just throw your peanut shells and crap on the ground underneath your seat because all the garbage cans are in the walkways below. Pity those poor suckers. And by the way, if anyone on this board happened to do this line of work at Candlestick Park in the 80’s thru the mid 90’s, I just want to say that I am REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY. I’ve change my ways.]

I like it when they just leave discarded straw wrappers and torn open sugar packets just laying around MERE INCHES from the garbage can. IT’S RIGHT THERE YOU IDIOTS! Are they like deliberately not throwing stuff away or something? ARRRRRRRRRRRH! KAISER MAD! KAISER SMASH! KAISER SPIT IN YOUR DRINK WHEN NOBODY LOOKING!

Erm, heheheh.

Its just the disrespect/disregard for anyone other than the self these people display through these acts. Why do people look for ways to make things more difficult for their fellow human beings? Who gets off on that shit, anyway?

Anyway, Iga, good luck, and do your best to resist the urge to kill. I know it isn’t easy.

Looking back at what I’ve said, I’m currently somewhat ashamed at the cleanliness of my apartment. For now, I’m using the “I got behind in cleaning and putting things away because my back hurt” excuse. The apartment will be cleaned before I go on my next business trip, never fear.

I think one reason why I’m more concerned about cleanliness is because I work in a lab environment. Therefore, I’m a bit more concerned about exposure and contamination than the average joe. I’m one of the people who sends the nastygrams to the rest of my section after seeing a balance area left with supplies and anonymous white powder all over it. Anonymous white powder isn’t a good thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I said. People giving shit to the busboy only amounts to him wanting to kill you.

What’s worse is that I’m not supposed to even BE the busboy. I was hired as a cook for said fast food restaurant.

I always put my rubbish away when I’m at fast food joints etc.

I’ve only left rubbish once or twice and that was because I was in a rush, or saw some friends outside and forgot about the food.

Yeah, busboys have a hard job, dont make it worse. A few weeks ago, my friend and I went to a movie theatre. He spilt a HUGE cup full of soda. I told him after the movie, he should probably clean it up. He refused. Then he had the NERVE to complain that the floors were sticky.

:noway:

If you wanna be on the top someday, you gotta start by the bottom, I suppose.

we threw our trays in the garbage at school a few times. it was funny.

Originally posted by Silhouette
we threw our trays in the garbage at school a few times. it was funny.

Thank you for confirming what I originally thought of you.