Song game: what's in a name?

You know some of those songs out there that just seem to have those random names? Like the writer named it after something his dog said to him while he was on an LSD trip?

Here’s the game. We go in order alphabetically, and for each letter of the alphabet, try to name a song whose title words do not appear in the song lyrics. If all of the words of the title appear at some point, even if they’re in a different order, it doesn’t count. There has to be at least one word in the title that isn’t in the song itself.

Oh, and instrumentals don’t count, obviously. :stuck_out_tongue:
Give us the band name if you can, but it’s not necessary.

Starting off with a B cause this is the first song that came to mind: Baba O’Riley (by The Who)

Clint Eastwood (The Gorillaz)

Desecrate through Reverence- see avvie

Eye Of The Beholder - Metallica

holy fuck. what an impossible game.

Impossible games are the best :smiley:

Stevie Wonder - Fingertips

Weird Al - Generic Blues

Found an A.

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons I: The Crimson Sunrise

I can’t think of an H, so…

Idioteque - Radiohead

And

I Was a Teenage Hand Model - Queens of the Stone Age

Green Day - Having a Blast

The Unicorns - Inoculate the Innocuous

:kissy:

There are a couple of things wrong with that. A Change of Seasons is basically just a hugely long song consisting of several different parts. But it’s still considered a single song. Anyway, the Crimson Sunrise is the first part (what’s the correct musical term for this?), but the part entitled “Crimson Sunrise” is entirely instrumental, which would disqualify it. Also, the second part of the song, Innocence (the first part with lyrics), does mention the words “Crimson Sunrise”, for whatever that’s worth. Anyway, if you would have mentioned just the name of the song itself “A Change of Seasons”, then that would almost be acceptable, however, during the fifth part of the song, there’s a line that mentions that “Seasons Change, and So Can I…”, so even those words are in the lyrics at some point. In conclusion, I feel that this is not a valid example of a song that Kero Hazel was asking for. =P It’s an awesome song, though.

Now that I’ve got that off my chest… =P

Jelly Belly - Smashing Pumpkins

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

We’re supposed to be going in alphabetical order, Cait. The next letter is ‘K’.

Er, yea, mixed the two titles and read the lyrics of Innocence. My bad.

Fine.

Dropkick Murphys - A Few Good Men

As for K…

Nightwish - Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan

or

Robert Plant - Kallalou Kallalou

I think those work.

Baba O’riley (one of my favorite songs, by the way) is named after Meher Baba and Terry Riley.

Sorry, dont got a song, though.

Hellsing Soundtrack - Logos Naki World

Heck, the entire thing is pure drug induced randomness.

Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonnaise

Try Smashing Pumpkins or Bob Dylan for this excersize. Bob Dylan because he’s abstract and cool. Smashing Pumpkins because Billy Corgan is a pretentious asshole.

Hey, i got one for “M”.

My chemical romance - Helena

You fail. We’re looking for SONG TITLES, not artists.