Someone's been busy

The topic of this thread, added to Manus’s avatar, reminded me of The Island of Dr. Moreau. Oh, the horror…

That’s fucking disgusting. Seriously.

Taking cultural differences into consideration, I fail to see what’s wrong with it…it’s different, I admit, and the woman are likely seen as objects, but for those people it’s common to be sexually hyperactive with multiple partners PROVIDED they can financially support them. That’s the bit that bothers me, I wonder if he can support this much. Otherwise it’s inscribed into hormonal behavior to spread your genes as much as possible for men, while for women its to select the best possible candidates.

No, Zero, just ask it any Cadi and they will tell you how Islam sees the thing this guy is doing as a bad thing. (No I am not mouslim)

Then I’m confusing Muslims for some other group, nevermind…

Originally shown in the Simpsons
Cletus: Alright, come out, Lauren, Tiffany, Heather, Cody, Dylan, Dermott, Jordan, Taylor, Brittany, Wesley, Rumer, Scout, Cassidy, Zoe, Chloe, Max, Hunter, Kendall, Katlin, Noah, Sasha, Morgan, Kira, Ian, Q-Bert, and Phil.

I wonder what the poor sod would do if all his kids wanted goodnight kisses and birthday presents: He’d be bankcorrupt on time and money.

Originally posted by Ren
[b]Not at all. Evolution won’t help a species when it reaches superpopulation, since they’ll tend to burn off resources they have.

Those children will not only be complexed, they will also be way poor unless the guy is mega rich. Imagine sharing his fortune among 100 children + their mothers. Too many heirs. [/b]

1-Darwinian fitness is defined by one’s potential to reproduce. If one can reproduce more than others, one is more fit. One’s genes will be more frequently found in the next generation. That’s the point of natural selection : differential reproduction. Natural selection is based on the fact that organisms have to have different phenotypes based on genotypes that are transferable to offspring, having an effect on one’s ability to reproduce. Survival is usually associate with NS because one has to live to reproduce. However, one doesn’t have to reproduce to live, an aside for the less evolutionarily inclined.

2-What you’re talking about is a fact which applies to everything except the human race. Disease, ressource limitations, etc… the confines of a niche, those apply to organisms that haven’t learned to control their environment to the extent we have. All species eventually reach a plateau in reality, called the carrying capacity. Nothing “superpopulative” about it. It just sounds like there are lot of humans in absolute numbers. However, in terms of relative numbers, we’re actually kinda tiny in comparison to certain classes of organisms, like arthropods. We seem to be many because of the massive effect which humans are having on the world (and the way things are going, its not a pretty future).

cless: yeah, i remember that moment, but that’s only 27 kids. we’re talking about 100.

Zero: what you said is almost 100% right for mouslims, but even so does not apply to what the guy is doing.

Sin: his kids might starve since he won’t be able to feed them all, and starvation leads to death. That’s what I’m thinking about.

we all know he’ll completely forget the children exist once he meets his 100-kid quota…

Originally posted by Ren

Sin: his kids might starve since he won’t be able to feed them all, and starvation leads to death. That’s what I’m thinking about.

That’s an assumption. You don’t have any information to say that its a very real probability. Also, I think the article said that currently, his youngest child is 47. I think that would counter your fear.

Look again. It says 47 <i>days</i>.

Originally posted by Sinistral
… his youngest child is 47…

47 days.

Guh, Yar beat me to it.

Oops.

That is just utterly fucked up.

Hah, he will never get to Guiness with just 100. I was checking my egiptology files to confirm something I remembered: Ramses II had more than 150.

…But that isn’t something that can be proven through records, I think.

Originally posted by Phoenix Valkyrie
…But that isn’t something that can be proven through records, I think.

Exactly. That’s the reason why they had to unbury and catalogue all their mummies.

regardless of how many offspring it takes to get into the records, i’d like to see someone successfully raise every single one of those kids…