So... latest Bleach.

Fuck you Kubo.

Fuck you and your thoroughly inconsistent powerlevel bullshit. “Lol Rukia’s skilled now” was crap but this just defies all explanation. They make it explicit that he was the weakest of all before, and now he pulls this shit out of his ass. Unless it was kept a secret from everyone, in which case comes the question of WHY. Also, he’s like the most boring character in the entire series.

And gee, wouldn’t you know, Renji “The Jobber” Abarai and Chad “Worf Effect” Yasutora JUST happen to be right there so he can prove he’s so awesome by beating the guys who’s entire reason for existing is getting beat up to prove others’ power.

Really, I should be happy for the possibility that Unohana may actually do something since there’s no one else around yet to get a sudden powerup, but this is such an asspull I don’t give a shit anymore.

Also, WHAT THE FUCKING HELL WAS THAT WITH ULQUIRROA!? THAT’S IT!? ALL HE DID WAS DIE!? ALL THE DAMN BUILDUP AND NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENED!

I quit. Call me when there’s another Turn the Pendulum-ish segment and this shit picks up.

Ol’ “Yammy” has just turned SSJ2 so just calm down >:( Besides Ulquirroa will be back once they gather all the Dragon Balls and after he finishes training with King Kai

Edit: Also notice how Ichigo gets another Super Saiyan level each time Orihime needs protection, which is very often? I can’t wait until Aizen reveals that he’s been working for someone else this whole time and that he’s just putting part of his master’s plan in motion

I forgot to mention that Halibel also released.

Let’s make a note of this:
-Halibel is #3, stronger than Ulquirroa (barring plot-driven bullshit powerups).
-Hitsugaya never won a single fucking fight. Ever.
-The kid is also #1 in popularity polls, somehow.
-Halibel had him almost dead without even a scratch on her. She had absolutely no bloody reason to release. She could have just stabbed the brat and be done with it.
-Halibel’s release is water based. Hitsugaya’s power is freezing shit.

Man, how cheap does this get. “HAHAHAH, I have you where I wanted you Hero! Your powers are fire based? Ah, no matter. But just before killing you, I will strap a tank of gasoline to my stomach!”

Also, we all know Kon and Don Kanonji are the true masterminds behind all this.

I no longer care about power levels/established hierarchy/whatever, I’m just along for the ride.

Though some fans have pointed out that way back when Yammy fought Hitsugaya, he introduced himself as ‘Arrancar #10’ and not the Decimo Espada. I don’t think this is something Kubo made up just now, he probably had it planned all along. Though whether or not it’s actually a good idea is entirely debatable.

Also, on the last page of this chapter some people are speculating that the tidal wave coming from behind Halibel is not part of her release, and someone else coming to Hitsugaya’s rescue. Maybe Ukitake. We’ll find out next week. But isn’t water vs ice how Rukia won against Aaroniero in the first place?

EDIT: AND regarding what Shawlong (Hitsugaya beat him, that’s a fight :P) said way back when, it’s not unreasonable to think Yammy’s rank was a secret, probably only known within the Espada. It didn’t matter to the Fraccion whether they knew the numbers were from 1-10 or 0-9, since Yammy was in there either way. Of course, once again, I’m not saying one way or another whether I like this plot point or think it’s a good idea, I’m just saying that there are a number of explanations to make this all work.

Way back when Grimmjow got his arm cut and got fired, Ulquirroa tells Yammy “Good thing yours got fixed otherwise you’d have been kicked off the Espada”. Basically, if it was a secret, Aizen kept it from everybody. Yet sent him to Karakura to do nothing. And get his ass kicked. For some reason.

I don’t really see Ulquiorra’s statement as going against this theory. Even Espada #0 might not be Espada-worthy minus an arm. Ulquiorra probably knows, what he said back in ‘The Gluttony’ now kind of makes sense.

Who knows what Kubo has planned for Aizen’s reasonings for all of this. Chances are it’ll make as little sense as all of Bleach. This is not a series worth deconstructing that much, honestly.