So, how is everyone doing lately?

Bask in the glory of the title of course.

I’m deciding on job offers this month; I’m quite positive about one of them but I won’t make up my mind until the deadline.

You should see some of the pathetic lowlifes they stick in front of an English classroom in most parts of Asia. Like Kero Hazel for example. I mean, that guy only has one eyeball and like 13 fingers.

being a scumbag in boston. slowly becoming god.

i’d like to meat god

Ew.

No time for that. I’m applying for a PhD position.

Well, it really has been a while. I’m glad to see a lot of people have decided to stay and glad to see the old group is doing well.

I used to be known as Orakio on here a long time ago. I basically ran myself out with a lot of shit that I pulled that caused a lot of hate towards me. And though I never expect forgiveness, I do apologize to everybody who I have annoyed or pissed off in the past. It’s been almost 10 years since that time and I have had a lot of time to reflect on my past, both online and IRL. So to everybody, I will say that I am sorry for the trouble I created.

As for me, I graduated college with a degree in Computer Science (which is not going to use with my current career), got married to somebody who was super abusive both emotionally and physically (which lead to divorce and my reflection on the past) and then got married again to a wonderful woman I went to high school with. Other than that, not a whole lot. Still living in Maine, working a lot on both my job and my novel which I just finished the rough draft for. No children yet though we would like some.

Woah Orakio ! Dude, I remember ya. We had some neat talks in the “good ol days” and you were such a fan of Sega RPGs. I’m sorry to hear that your first marriage didn’t go well. I’m still single and will stay that way. Instead of children, I have pets to give me a reason to keep on going. The 8-legged kind of pets, but anyways. I would love to write a book on my experiences with my 8-legged wonders, tho.

Good to hear from ya DG. Been a while, that’s for sure. I’m still a fan of Sega RPGs, still considering the classics to be some of the best, though I did discover Skies of Arcadia Legends a few years back. Pure gold. Now if I can just find the Dreamcast version of that game for a decent price. Do you still collect those OSTs like you used to?

Not anymore. I got out of the hobby a couple years back. Sold everything except FF6. The big hairy spiders are what’s eating up much of my free time these days.

sorry to hear that, but it is cool that you got into spiders… they don’t bother me so much but my wife won’t go anywhere near them… lol

wow. It’s been a long time since I’ve posted here. Since 2009, I have moved to the DC area, got married, and started losing my hair. Sinistral, my wife just finished her phd in microbiology at UMBC in the Baltimore harbor last year. She loves that city and we almost moved there a few months ago, but the commute for me would have been too much. The Wire is not a great depiction of Baltimore. Parts of the city are rough, but parts of any inner city are rough. Feel free to contact me if you are looking for more ways to enjoy the city.

Game-wise, I adored Final Fantasy XIII-2. It was easy, but I loved the gameplay, setting, and especially the music. It was a huge surprise since FF XIII bored me to tears.

Hypharse, thanks for the offer. I’m settling down in Baltimore. I live in a really nice area called Harbor East near Fells Point. Having gone around a little, this is definitely not representative of the rest of the city. Thanks to UMMC’s location, I spend most of my time in the southern part of the city, which seems relatively safe and touristey.

Good luck with the PhD Nulani!

Orakio: that is terrible. It is good you made it out and managed to piece everything back together.

Harbor East is pretty cool, in a rich hipster yuppy kind of way. But I guess we’re all old enough now to accept that we’re rich hipster yuppies, except Ramza obviously. I just arrived in New York yesterday to start my summer. Even after seven years abroad, I still feel way too fucking Midwestern for this city. Haven’t gotten a single “you’re welcome” yet, and there are some fucking crazy people here seriously. Czech out this story.

So I was in Starbucks buying a coffee this morning, and the guy in front of me wanted ginger in his “Light caramel skinny seabreeze gold-encrusted ginger macchiato” thing or whatever (I don’t know, people in Chicago just buy a fucking coffee), and the barista told him “sorry we don’t have any ginger” (I think she only said sorry because anyone who works at starbucks is not from New York anyway). So the guy, whose beard was longer than my cock, looking all flustered was like "well then maybe the sign up there should read “light caramel skinny seabreeze gold-encrusted parentheses no ginger parentheses macchiato”. lol the dude actually said the word “parentheses” twice around no ginger. I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing. What a crazy fucking place. well that’s my story thanks for reading guys.

Sinistral: Yeah, there was a long period of my life where shit was happening, most of which I caused myself, and I didn’t want to admit my problems to anybody, even myself. The problems of my teen years leaked into early adulthood with my first marriage, and it was actually through the abuse that I learned that I had it all coming. It opened my eyes and slowly but surely I’ve been trying to at least put my foot forward and make amends to those I have wronged and upset in the past (that is actually how I found my current wife, as she is somebody I went to high school with but I didn’t treat her all that well). This place always seemed to call for me to at least try to apologize for.

It seems like a lot of the main staff here has gone on to lead very productive lives, to which I am very glad for everybody.

I’ll take the rich hipster yuppies over being shot any day, though it sounds like you have more of them than I do. My only accessible grocery store is whole foods though and man does that make me feel dirty. I’ve been railing against bs organic labels for years and that’s all I have available.

Orakio: I don’t think anyone’s hands are clean in that sense.

Master’s got. (I even, somehow, managed to get very good grades.) I’ll know if I got the PhD position sometime before the Summer Holidays.

Congrats, Nul!!

Ah ha ha. You’re a sellout! A sellout that is FORCED to go hippie! That is so the opposite of what is the norm!

I will resist!

Sometimes, though, there’s stuff you can generally only find at Whole Foods than regular grocery stores. For instance, any time I’ve wanted ground bison, I’ve had to go to Whole Foods.