So did you guys have any Black Friday experiences?

of all the stores that was packed CIRCLE K OF ALL PLACES.

I really wanted to take advantage of that CD burner for 5 bucks at Best Buy/wherever it was but all of the turkey kept me sleepy… :frowning:

Don’t talk to me about Black Friday. I work at a freakin’ mall.

EDIT: I’m not flaming, I’m just saying that working retail this time of year sux0rz. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
[b]Don’t talk to me about Black Friday. I work at a freakin’ mall.

EDIT: I’m not flaming, I’m just saying that working retail this time of year sux0rz. :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]

How glad am I I made the switch to admin/office work :mwahaha: I get to go home at 1pm on Christmas Eve… Mwahaha! :mwahaha:

Sorry :thud:

What’s Black Friday?

No, seriously.

Originally posted by Pierson
What’s Black Friday?

In America, the day after Thanksgiving. Its the beginning of the Christmas rush.

I did not shop on Black Friday.

I went to the Toys ‘R’ Us store in the town where I live at, and I must’ve been in there for at least half an hour due to a long line. But at least I got what I wanted: a gold GBA SP w/Super Mario Advance 4 and a free headphones coupon.

I think the only thing i bought was a snickers bar. Im such a bad consumer, im really not doing my part to “help the economy.”

Black Friday is hell.
My mom went shopping that day at 9am and didn’t get home until 6pm with only 5 boxes.

\m/Black Friday\m/

Killer, intruder, homicidal man.
If you see me coming, run as fast as you can.
A blood thirsty demon who’s stalking the street.
I hack up my victims like pieces of meat.
I lurk in the alleys, wait for the kill.
I have no remorse for the blood that I spill
A merciless butcher who lives underground.
I’m out to destroy you and ,I will, cut you down.

It’s Black Friday, paint the devil on the wall!!!

Man, Megadeth rules.

I went shopping for two hours, only got one thing, and was nearly ran down three times in the parking lot. I’m never going out on Black Friday again.

You want to talk about how much of a pain in the ass it is to shop on Black Friday?!? Try working retail on Black Friday. THAT’S a pain in the ass.

Originally posted by Pierson
[b]What’s Black Friday?

No, seriously. [/b]

The name comes from it being the day when businesses go into the black (positive) from the red (negative) in terms of profit for the year. Or something like that.

Black Friday is also known as the biggest shopping day of the year in America. As far as going from the red to the black, I dunno anything about that, but it’s reffered too as “Black Friday” due to just being a very busy day for everyone - whether you are working retail and having to deal with a ton of customers, or being a consumer and having to find a parking space, work your way through crowds, and being caught in mass traffic jams.

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/shopping.htm

I wasn’t going to, but…

Me and my dad had to find a service center for my car. Needed an oil change, and something in the engine was fucking up. We went to the only place open, which happened to be right beside the mall, and thankfully it was better than what we expected. We went to the mall, and there wasn’t that much of a rush as we expected, however I did see a lot of my friends from high school still there. It was overall “good times”. That and I whored out on KaZaA the whole time I was home and filled an entire 80 Minute CD-R full of “The Pillows” songs I didn’t have already and jammed all the way back up to Jacksonville.

I’ve been having a wonderful time this past week. I hope it’s not a bad omen when all of a sudden the bottom (if there is one) drops and everything goes to shit…

Nah, take it as it comes…

Sorry. Rambling. :smiley:

Just a simple question: are the traffic and lines really worth saving two bucks on a sweater? :noway: Seriously. Why do people even TRY? They know it’s going to be nuts.

Originally posted by Seawolf
Just a simple question: are the traffic and lines really worth saving two bucks on a sweater? :noway: Seriously. Why do people even TRY? They know it’s going to be nuts.

People are stupid. Plain and simple like that. Why do you think the home shopping channel exists, or infomercials? It’s so much easier not to think and follow what everyone else is doing or what they’re telling you to do.