so anyway

When’s the translation section coming back? :slight_smile:

Either when I find someone who wants it or I completely restructure it so that updating’s not so much of a freakin’ nightmare.

Or, if you meant the HTI, I leave that to Hiryuu.

Nah, he didn’t mean HTI. He never does…=(

Anyway, RPT, you should ask Cid to PHP-ize the translation section. Once that gets accomplished, updating would be a breeze.

Hey Hiryuu, speaking of the HTI, how’s that thing going?

Progress has been halted for a while, since all my translators had a nasty habit of disappearing.

Kero wanted to take a look at the script lately, he may be able to tackle it. Also, today I got an email from some mysterious stranger that wants to look at the script, so maybe things are looking up?

Have you tried getting an ad placed on the Whirlpool? That’s how I found a translator, quite good one at that.

We rely on Cid too much for the PHPitization of the site. Nothing against Cid, of course, it’s just that I’d prefer to understand the inner workings of my own section, so even if he set it up all nice and fancy I’d have to learn how it works anyway.

Yeah, RC. I did that, promptly got two translators, both of which promptly disappeared.

And, RPT, are you basically saying that you’d rather have the translation section die than ask for help? It’s an incredible headache to update as is. If Cid set something up, it’d be a snap to update. I don’t understand to what extent you’d need to learn how it works. Do you mean you’d have to understand all the ins and outs of PHP, or just how to run it? I don’t even understand SHTML half the time, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t do any site work. And I do the Join Page, which is completely PHP, and I’ve never had any problems.

I guess I don’t understand where you’re coming from, unless this is some sort of pride issue, where you feel that you should be the driving force behind every innovation of the translation section or something.

Or if you just don’t want to put a burden on Cid, I’m sure you could find somebody else to do this for you.

I think RPT’s saying he’d like to know how everything in his section actually works instead of just blindly using it without having any clue how it actually works. Might be wrong about tht though.

How big are the scripts that you need translated? I might be able to hook you up with a translator.

Well, he should blindly use it, methinks. He’s blindly using PHP for RPGClassics anyways, and the Translation Section is part of RPGC. But it’s his call, I suppose.

The script is in two 40 KB chunks. I want to see how this guy that contacted me pans out before I do anything though.

That’s cool. It’d probably be a month or more before these couple I know of would be able to help you, if they will that is. One of them is the guy I used for the DBZ game I did last year and right now I’m using him for the 2nd DBZ NES game. I know of another guy but I’m not sure how good he is. I knew one more but he has disappeared from the irc channel where he hung out at. Just let me know if you want me to see if they’re interested in doing the translating and I will.