Smells like scam

Now this is something that deserves an alert.

I fell for this one: remember that thread I started before the forums went down, about playing a trick on a man who had sent me an email with his Curriculum, and people told me not to play any trick on him?

I didn’t play tricks, but I did send him an email telling him that I own no company and I couldn’t give him a job.

That was all they needed as comfirmation that my email account is active. Since the day I sent that email, I’ve been getting 4 times more spamming per day than before.

A friend of mine received the curriculum too, but he never answered. He’s getting only the regular day-to-day spam.

Kinda makes you wonder…

They abbused my good side, now if I ever get to track that email I’m gonna hang the spammer with his bowels! p:unch::

That’s rather nasty, to say the least.

Originally posted by Ren
I know, I just wanted to show how creative spammers are getting. And it’s the fiorst time in a while I see a scam that could actually have someone falling on its trick.

Yeah, sending stuff having to do with Anglo-American “patriotism” to a Brazillian. Brilliant demographic / geographic research, guys.

And if you do find that spammer and you hang him with his bowels, send me a picture.

Actually, no, don’t. You don’t want photographic evidence of your doing that laying around. Unfortunately, spammers are still categorized as human beings (and not the pests/vermin they really are) and hence creative execution of them is still probably illegal.

Unfortunately.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
I get like three relevant e-mails a week, and the rest are male enhancement offers. ><

WTH?! What the heck would YOU need that for?! :slight_smile:
Drunken spammers…

And it is like I’ve always said: Patriotism doesn’t lead to anything good.

Anyway. I like my heavily protected email account: @nulani.net. Feel the force of dns blacklists!

Death to spammers! Death to propaganda!

Kaiser: Right on. That was the strangest ‘WTF?’ I said in about two months.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]And it is like I’ve always said: Patriotism doesn’t lead to anything good.

Anyway. I like my heavily protected email account: @nulani.net. Feel the force of dns blacklists! [/b]

The fact that Hotmail doesn’t use such a list worries me. They are sponsors for the spammers.

I’m thinking of getting an extra email with my ISP. I just felt like a moron now that I remembered I could have done it years ago.

Well, hotmail is free. What do you expect?

At least they have the decency to tell you that some e-mails that have a “click here to remove from our mailing list” are mostly shells designed to validate your account and forward more spam if they find out tha tit’s active.

It really annoys me how people never seem to check WHO their spamming…like Val, why the HELL would I need e-mails about male enhancement?! 0_o