Slayers Try

Well, I bought Slayers Try yesterday and, well, I haven’t slept for X hours now (where X MIGHT be equal to the length of Slayers Try + the time I was awake before I started watching and the time I’ve been awake after :P).

And I’ve only got one thing to say about it:
GOD DAMN Valgaav ROCKS!.

He’s definately the best Slayers villain ever. And he gets bonus points for being like a twisted evil reflection of Folken la Couer di Fanel from Escaflowne.

The third season is IMO not as good as the other two. It’s a bit more serious, which makes the jokes seem out of place, but since it’s got Valgaav and the Overworlders, it doesn’t matter.
And you just gotta love Xellos and Philia. They do things like argue over which way they’re supposed to go, even though none of them actually know which way is better. They just argue because the can never even imagine agreeing with eachother.
But I guess that’s pretty understandable since Xellos is a demon who basically wiped out the entire race of gold dragons, single handed, and Philia is one of those who survived. ^^

Other than that, I don’t have much to say about it other than watch it. You won’t regret it.

Oh, and by the way. If anyone finds any pics of Sirius (one of the Overworlders, the sort of pink one :P) I want 'em. I’ve been looking around, but apparently there aren’t a lot of stuff about him on the pages I can think of right now…

I agree about the Valgaav thing, but other than that, I thought Slayers Try was average at best. If only because half of the series (episode 9 to 17? or something) was just filled with annoying and dumb filler episodes, like the Power Rangers spinoff. I had to force myself to watch all of it :confused:

Augh! I hate you, from this moment onward. I don’t have access to Slayers Try until I get back on campus in September, and I really, really want to see it.

yeah, I know… Those episodes were crap. I mean, I almost skipped them the FIRST time I saw them. :confused:
The worst was the ones just after the big explosion, but I do like the one where Zel finds a guitar :stuck_out_tongue:

The main problem with Try, is that it was basically just an advertisement for Lost Universe; it wasn’t based on anything in the manga. There were still a lot of good points in it, but because it didn’t have a pre-existing storyline to build itself off of, it flagged a bit.

It’s a shame, because it had a lot of interesting characters that had a lot of potential that could have been explored further. Not a bad season, but like everyone else has said, it doesn’t measure up to the first two.

(It also would have been nice if the ‘tie-ins’ to LU had made sense. :fungah: )

Hey, this series is great. I have always loved the Slayers series (Xellos is so cool) so I enjoyed this one as well. I liked Filia when she turns into a dragon…look at her tiny head and huge body, they’re awfully cute…