Should I get Neverwinter Nights?

Now before everyone bangs in saying YES DAMNIT! let me explain I’m talking about technical stuff. I’ve got a Pentium 2 with 64 RAM and 38MB of Video. Can it support it?

I think it fits the qualifications, but the game would probably suck more at the minimum requirements.

I’ve seen some trailers and the 3D stuff scares me. I can barely play BG2 normally.

I don’t think it can run NWN then. Do you have a 3d card?

Nevermind then. I’ll have to wait until things pick up a little.

Saying you have a pentium 2 doesn’t tell us much, what’s the processor, is it a 400mhz, a 700mhz it’s makes a masive difference.

Round 700MHZ but it’s still not enough. Forget it.

You should get it, but after beefing up your system some. It’s a great game and the modules that people make are killer.

I’ve been asking the same question. Well. I have a powerful enough system so that’s not the issue, but whether it’s worth the money or not. I do guess it is now that the price has been lowered due to the age of the game, so I guess I’ll buy it soon. Or something like that. The demo was nice.

just make sure you have a geforce card that’s above 2… like GeForce 3/4/FX…

Originally posted by Nulani
I’ve been asking the same question. Well. I have a powerful enough system so that’s not the issue, but whether it’s worth the money or not. I do guess it is now that the price has been lowered due to the age of the game, so I guess I’ll buy it soon. Or something like that. The demo was nice.

Maybe this sounds a little fanatic but I’ll buy anything that has Black isle in it. So far it worked great for me.

Yeah Neverwinter Nights is a good investment, the game is fun overall and there really are some nice modules, my only complaint (and that’s more with 3rd edition than with the game) is that it’s far too easy, I finished the game on the hardest difficulty level with a wizard on my first game, and it wasn’t all that hard.

I just feel like you shouldn’t be able to take on a dragon with a single character no matter how powerful you are, much less two at the same time.

Lord, that is just a wee bit extreme right there o_o It sounds way too easy, but I’ll probably end up getting it when I can afford it.

700 mhz, you could…
I been playing IWD2 on my 350mhz…

IWD2 has lower requirements I believe. It ran on my 350 mhz, but it was rather slow to put it lightly.

IWD2 worked perfectly for me. What I’m missing is the 3D Video Power.

Ok stupid question time. What is IWD2?

Icewind Dale 2. If you haven’t played it DO IT RIGHT NOW!

It’s a really great game but some parts may be a little rough. I’m still trying to kill those damn Cambions.

I played a whole lot of NWN, and I must say that it is the BUGGIEST game i’ve ever played. Don’t get it if you have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro…bad shit.

As for the game itself, it was extremely fun for about 2 or 3 weeks, but after a while, it loses its charm.

BG2 is much better, I think.