Shinryaku! Ika Musume

Anyone else here watching this show? It just started this October.

For those unfamiliar: It’s a slice-of-life comedy centered around the titular squid-girl, who has emerged from the ocean to invade humanity! Except that doesn’t work out too well once she becomes indebted to the local beach house, and mainly spends her days experiencing life in her own unique way and plotting humanity’s downfall. More information can be found here.

The premise intrigued me enough to check it out back when it first aired, although at the time I didn’t know it was new. This is the first currently-airing anime I’ve ever followed, and I must say, it’s quite a good one. It’s highly silly. If you like slice-of-life shows, give it a look.

I have seen a few episodes. It’s not the kind of show I follow regularly, but I admit the premise is charming, and even strangely moving sometimes. Reminds me of Kerokero (Keroro?), the one with the frog invaders. Or Invader Zim, though Zim was too mean for my taste.

Meh. I’ll pass.

//youtu.be/rJKiW3GQTQU

I’ve watched what’s available of it so far, and it’s pretty good.
Nothing that I will really remember in a year and think “oh yeah, I really want to watch that again”, but definitely not bad.