Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen

I’m kinda surprised there isn’t already a thread about this. It’s a retelling of Mazinger Z, with references and characters from pretty much all of Go Nagai’s works mixed in. It’s being directed by Yasuhiro Imagawa, director of G Gundam and Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still. JAM Project did the OP and it is fucking glorious.

The first episode is pretty much a trailer for the ending and makes this look like it’s going to be the Giant Robo treatment for Mazinger, if not Go Nagai in general. Don’t worry if you’re lost and don’t know what the fuck’s going on or who anyone is in episode 1, you’re not supposed to, it’s just a hook. Episode 2 is a more typical first episode.

Rumor has it that this may be Go Nagai’s last show. If this is true he’s definitely going out with a bang. Manly and badass from the man who pretty much invented manly and badass in anime.

Episode 01: Torrent
Episode 02: Torrent
Episode 03: Torrent

Sweet, I’ll have to keep an eye on this.

Oh man!! Mazinger was my FIRST anime series!! (or was it Sally The Witch?) In any case, it was the first I was a big fan of. I’ll definitely follow this one, especially if Nagai is retiring.

Episode 04: Torrent

Juuzo Kabuto is badass as all hell. That is all.

Torrent not working for me. :frowning: Do I need a special software?

If you’re having trouble actually getting the video: http://utorrent.com. If the video doesn’t work then http://www.cccp-project.net/

Episode 05: Torrent

Evil Kouji is the best Kouji. That is all.

U-torrent did get me the first episode, but I had to make a conversion to Windows Media Player to see it. But the important thing, is have it now! And man, it looks just like the original!! Thanks Deathstryke!!

Save yourself some trouble and install cccp and run the videos in either of the players that includes.

As for the show itself, so far the pacing is a bit slow. I think they were trying to milk Juuzo’s screen time for all it’s worth. Hotblooded mad scientists are fucking awesome, though.

I DID install the CCCP; it didn’t work. Something about some setting in my PC? I tried googling the solution up but couldn’t find it and gave up.