Sevendust

Anybody listen to sevendust? Cool band, but I can’t remember, are they swedish metal or what?

Speaking of swedish metal, can anybody give me some good ones besides in flames?

Night Wish is good.

On a side note, first to 50. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sevendust is good, but i haven’t listened to them in a long time. im pretty sure Sevendust isn’t Swedish…

Sevendust isn’t swedish, they’re from America (Atlanta, Georgia to be exact). I used to listen to them, but I don’t really care much for them now. They had a few alright songs if I remember correctly though.

*edit: As for your Sweden question, you can search for bands by country here: http://www.bnrmetal.com/

Yeah. I concur.

Nightwish.

Sevendust isn’t Swedish. -_-

It’s Norway that’s the Scandinavian metal land: I mean, we’re even shaped like an el-guitar.
Anyway: Nightwish’s nice.

I liked Praise by Sevendust…

sweden/norway, doesn’t most of them death metal bands come from there?

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
[b]Sevendust isn’t swedish, they’re from America (Atlanta, Georgia to be exact). I used to listen to them, but I don’t really care much for them now. They had a few alright songs if I remember correctly though.[b]

I didn’t know they were from here…I saw them in concert once, it was pretty badass.

I like a lot of their stuff, praise, black, bitch, reconnect…good shit man.

Originally posted by Xachariah
sweden/norway, doesn’t most of them death metal bands come from there?

No. A lot of black metal bands come from there. There is a HUGE difference between black metal and death metal.

Yeah, that’s true. I have the definitions of the 2 sub-genres:

Death Metal: Very fast, intense, nihlistic (although ironically rhythmic at times) unmelodic music(excepting maybe At The Gates). Lots of muffled power chording and single string riffing (though not always) with evil growling trademark vox. Alot is rooted in thrash while some from the Northeast even has a slight NYHC influence to it. There’s also so called progressive Death Metal out there which isn’t quite as oxymoronic as progressive grindcore but still…
Examples would be: Cryptopsy, Death, Arch Enemy

Black Metal: Intense Metal with vocals that range from death metal esque growling to high pitched shrieking and musicianship ranging from quite simplistic to a complexity that would rival Jazz Musicians. Alot of early so called Black Metal bands were basically just Death Metal IMO but overtime the music has actually become quite epic sounding. Have to talk to a devout fan of this genre for a definition to really be done justice.
Examples would be: Emperor, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir (Some people claim they aren’t black metal anymore though)

I always thought of Black Metal as a miscellaneous category that you used for bands that were obviously metal, but that you couldn’t figure out if they were Death, Doom, Epic, Speed, or whatever. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, Gila knows his shit, because he covered several of the good ones. But you left out… Sacramentum! Sorc, I heartily recommend these guys. And yes, they are Swedish. My two favorite songs of theirs are “Demonaeon” and “Cries From a Restless Soul”. Enjoy!