Secret Societies Lie

Jesus, married? I’m not buying it. I’m actually rather insulted that such a topic is getting a special. As if there isn’t already enough controversy…

Whoa…deja vu…I read this somewhere’s but I have no idea where I read it.

But yeah. Just more…“exploration” and speculation…meh anything to stir curiousity up…

A friend of mine believes this- especially since he wouldn’t have been very respected in the Jewish community at the time if he WASN’T married. Or so she says, and she’s Jewish. shrugs

The scriptures have been altered so much that specific details are hard to believe. Alot of things in the Bible were people trying to push their own agendas. So i won’t lean either way on this issue. Maybe he did or maybe he didn’t. we won’t know, so who really cares?

ugh, don’t like shows like this, liek the ones that convince us that we’re from mars or that we never landed on the moon. They raise too many questions for my feeble brain

Well, he had a brother…I dunno about the wife thing, though. =/

Originally posted by Amerycinsycho
Maybe he did or maybe he didn’t. we won’t know, so who really cares?

cries That was beautiful…

Originally posted by Evangelion
[b]Whoa…deja vu…I read this somewhere’s but I have no idea where I read it.

But yeah. Just more…“exploration” and speculation…meh anything to stir curiousity up… [/b]

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago, about a guy who was filming that got struck by lightning. So that may be where you read it.

Originally posted by Trillian
Well, he had a brother…I dunno about the wife thing, though. =/

That’s not a fact either, it’s debatable.

hmm, point.

A better question would be: what does the H in “Jesus H. Christ” stand for?

Horatio.

they found his ‘brother’s’ tomb

The brother and sister thing is generally considered to be half-siblings or step-siblings. If I recall, it’s generally Roman Catholics who hold that Jesus had step-siblings, children of Joseph in a previous marriage. This may stem from some wanting to hold that the Virgin Mary remained a virgin her whole life. The half-sibling theory is more likely to be found among Protestants who feel that they were children of Mary and Joseph. There’s not as strong of a desire to say that the Virgin Mary remained a virgin her whole life among Protestants.

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
A better question would be: what does the H in “Jesus H. Christ” stand for?

I’ve heard an explanation for that, possibly more than one. The one I can remember is that it isn’t actually a name but some sort of biological term and was only added long his after lifetime. He was only known as Jesus the Nazarian (sp?), people often didn’t have more than one name back then, and if they did, it was something to the extant of “son of (father’s name)” or “from (some town)”.

Edit: Yes, vyse, I’ve heard about that, but there was more than one man who had the name Jesus during that time. The fact that the tomb listed Jesus as a brother is a significant indicator, since it was unusual to list one unless the brother was someone of importance, but it is not definitive.
The supposed brother is named James, correct? I just want to check if I remembered right.

Originally posted by Trillian
Well, he had a brother…

coughs
Must… avoid… making… reference…
For those of you that don’t know, my nickname is Stevus Christ when I’m at school :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I couldn’t really care either way with this whole issue, but I like to see people not too afraid of offending people.

the brother thing was recently disproven, as it relates to that relic they found. i wouldnt be surprised if he was married, because the gospel writers wrote their shit like 100 years after the life of jesus, and they didnt know him personally. its a good way to supress females for a few hundred years though.

also, to address the topic title, the Catholic Church is one of the dirtiest, lyingest institutions in the history of the world. this thing’s run by the same people who brought you The Mafia and Meat Ravioli.

Wasnt he married to mary magdelin?(sorry, i cant spell her last name)

thats the entire question

Thats the theory, though there really is no way to know. Two thousand years is an awfully long tme to go by and have any accurate documents. Especially about a story thats been re-written to fit the personal goals of hundreds of different people.