Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PSP) - Playable
Children of Mana (DS) - Playable
Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA) - Trailer
Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA) - Trailer
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS) - Playable

FFVI Trailer please?

DAWN OF MANA WHOOOOOOOOO!

:smiley:

Uh… I think they mean Final Fantasy V Advance. IV is already out…

So’s ToAU /shrug

I third this notion.

I can’t wait to see what they’ve done for V and VI. IV pretty much rocked my world.

I second RPT. This’ll looketh pretty awesome.

Please educate a poor fool–Dawn of Mana?

prepares for assualt by Val and SE

Dawn of Mana, the sixth(?) game of the Seiken Densetsu series. At least, I think so. Depends on if we count Sword of Mana as one of the games or if it’s jsut a remake, and whether Children of Mana comes out before it. Either way.

Seiken Densetsu is a rather notable series with quite a cult following, ymself included. I’ve heard lots of people argue that the game actually tries to keep its artistic integrity throughout the series, never really changing to try to appeal to what’s “popular” with the masses. I don’t know if I myself agree with bthat, but I do know I can’t wait to see it. From the screenshots they showed, it looks like they’ve managed to keep the basic art style, which is neat, since this will be the first Mana game to not use Sprites.

Val summed it up. Even if you don’t feel like going through older games, at the very least get Legend of Mana for the PSX. You won’t regret it.

Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2 (SNES) is a also very good.

YES FINALLY AFTER TEN LONG YEARS IT SHALL BE MINE!!!

… I better go get a DS.

Legend of Mana is a game I notice you either love with all your heart (like me), or one you hate. Few people seem to find middleground with it. But whether love it or hate it, everyone I’ve ever seen had to agree on two points: The art was beautiful, and the music was GOD. The art and graphics were, as my sister has said, “like a watercolor painting in motion.” And the music - the music! There isn’t a single track int he entire game I can say I hate, dislike, or even say it was just okay. It has an interesting mythology within it, too. Very detailed. There’s an entire encyclopedia in the game dedicated to the mythology and history of the world. Quite neat.

Seiken Densetsu 3, I couldn’t bring myself to play. Mostly because I’m obsessive-compulsive and would need to beat the game using every character combination possible.

I absolutely agree. To be honest, at first I was a bit put off by how everything seemed random and seemingly made no sense, but as I went on and everything began to tie together, it turned into something wonderful. The only complaint I had was that the “Artifact Mage” topic was just barely explored in the game.

Bad news if you didn’t know yet: Shimomura is not composing for Dawn, Kenji Ito (Sword of Mana, SaGa stuff, Shadow Hearts II) is taking the job.

One of the good things about SK3 is that you basically watched the three characters’ stories, with the main one taking a bit more spotlight, so theoretically you only needed two runs to see them all. Theoretically. I’ll be damned if I go anywhere without Angela. I think it’s worth a play just for Hawk(eye).

By the way, anyone know how the numbers are supposed to go? Legend wasn’t numbered and Sword was a remake, so which is supposed to be Seiken Densetsu 4, Children or Dawn?

I thought Legend of Mana was SD4 in Japan. If not, what was it called there?

The Japanese was “Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana”, while the English is just “Legend of Mana”.

I checked, it seems Dawn is SD4.

I knew Dawn of Mana would be a SD game, but I just couldn’t believe I’ve heard nothing about it yet. My friend and I played Legend of Mana and I don’t want to say it, but we’re in the “hate it” crowd". I don’t remember any specifics, probably because I don’t want to, but I generally recall that there was nothing I liked about it. Anyway, I hope this game will be like Secret of Mana or SD3 and have a good multi-player experience, that’s why I like those other games so much.

Hm Final Fantasy III, V Advance VI Advance and Children of Mana?

My DS and GB Player are going to get a work-out. XD

And Dawn of Mana! Yay! I was wondering what they were going to call Seiken Densetsu 4 in English.