SaGa Frontier question: Asellus' Quest.

Right, So I’m a big fan of TimeEclipse, and I need to go to the TimeLord’s region to get it. Problem is, the guy in Facinataru does NOT want to sell me the damn Time Vessel, or anything else! All he does is keep complainign about how Orlouge gave me his blood, and how he doesn’t even get to live in the castle. Now, I checked a few (bare-bones) walkthroughs on it, sicne they were the only ones available, and they all say I should be able to get it. So the question is,

Did i fuck up at some point, or is the GAME fucked up?

Please, for the love of God, tell me. I just need to know.

First of all- have you already left Facinataru and come back? If you haven, you probably can’t get it. If you’re just starting out and are there, you need to wait until you’re about to escape from Facinataru before he’ll sell you stuff. I’d also recommend the Asura- it’ll make things infinitely easier for the beginning of Asellus’s quest.

You have to take White Rose to talk to Gozarus (The dude in Facinaturu) at some point, in which case, he’ll stop bitching. Then, you can buy stuff.

Ah, that’s where I messed up. Thanks.

Guess it doesn’t matter so much, anyway. I only ever give that spell to my accomplished mages, like Rouge and Mei-Ling.

I’ve never really used Time Magic except with Blue. The Time spells you get without the gift are kinda meh compared to the Space ones. Reverse Gravity is just so nice in that it can’t be blocked, it has a decent Jp cost, and it can stun enemies.

Yes, but I can never find an end to the number of hard monsters near the end of the game that can be petrified by TimeEclipse.

Petrification works that well?

Not so well against mecha, obviously, but against demons and monsters? I’d say about 90% effectiveness rating. Adnd even if it doesn’t work, it’s unblockable, so you still get soem damage dealt, and the enemy’s quickness usually drops dramatically afterwards.

…Well then, I’ll be messing with Time Magic more on my next playthrough. I never really used it much Time Eclipse too much.

I just don’t like using magic cos I don’t like the way people level up with Magic. If I’m really hell bent on getting people to learn techs fast, I buy everyone Saber and fight around til their intelligence hits 16 or so, but other than that, bleh. Magic is nice in some quests, and magic is nice with Mystics. :stuck_out_tongue: Even then, I prefer Light Magic. It’s much easier to get, and it’s more versatile than most magic.

Shrugs It depends what you’re going for. Rune Magic proves to be insanely useful for boosting stats, making fights easier. Time and Space have their uses, but they can be annoying to get. I generally like having a mage around since they help on enemies weapons don’t do much too.

Yeah, Rune Magic is much better than I give it credit for, that’s for sure. :stuck_out_tongue: I like Arcane better though honestly. The basic spells are just a little more useful, and Tower ROCKS :stuck_out_tongue: I’m all for Arcane/Light/Space.

Two words: TimeLeap (well, one compound word).

I use it to cheese out bosses I get tired of dying on. Spriggan got off a total of 3 attacks the entire battle, and 2 of those were the attacks where he always goes first. (The thing where you get whacked with red metal beams with claws)

(That’s just to emphasise how much I like Time Magic. >>)

Tower is only nice on certain bosses and in Blue’s quest. If you can’t kill the boss with it, you’re kinda screwed magicwise.

It depends on your setup, I suppose. There’s a good deal of bosses that you can waste really fast with tower, if the rest of your group can dish out enough damage by themselves…The only ones in which you can’t, really, are probably Genocide Heart, Orlouge, Spriggan, and that’s because their different forms carry a fixed amount of HP, unlike, say, Diva, who has two different forms, but doesn’t have a set amount of HP for both.

Well the problem with those situations then becomes having someone with enough Jp to make Tower worthwhile. Blue can do it nicely since once he fuses with Rouge, he has upwards of 200 Jp. But if you’ve only got like 100ish Jp, the damage isn’t going to be too stellar, and casting Megawind Blast every turn will ultimately do more damage than a one shot meh-ish Tower spell.

Okay, new question. I’m in Red’s quest, and I just got swallowed by Tanzer. In there, there seems to be this indication of a subplot to let Red fight against Nomad in there, but I found nothing. Am I missing something?

Doesn’t 100 JP Tower do about 9000-10000 damage, Kagon? If not, then yeah, I see what you mean…I just remembered that it did. :open_mouth: Oh well.

Miss Esker, it’s just some added dialogue for kicks. Nothing really comes of it.

I’ve seen Tower cast from 100 JP do anywhere from 4000-9000 damage at time.

And thanks, now I’m not quite so nuerotic about this game.

I tend to have Mystics use tower since it is easier to raise their stats. Heck I raise my JP often by playing murder the Krakens.