SaGa Frontier OST

I got this soundtrack at JAFAX for 36$. It was 3 cds long. It was a pretty cool soundtrack.

Damn straight. I wish I had a real copy. I have SaGa Frontier 2 and Unlimited SaGa OSTs, but not SaGa Frontier :confused:

I found someone willing to sell it to me for $45. Should i take it? I mean, love the music, but still, wanna make sure I ain’t gettin ripped off.

Ask for the label, if it’s a DigiCube, then it’s legit.

Yeah, Val, but even I got it for cheaper. :stuck_out_tongue: And I totally agree. It’s an excellent soundtrack. :smiley:

DG: Yeah, After the LoM OST, I’ve learned to look. And Walhalla, shut up.

Nope. Download it.
It’s not like you’ll be giving back to Kenji Ito and the studio if you buy it from a non-business vendor, so there’s certainly no moral aspect here.
And considering most music quality lost in compression is on levels that human ears can’t hear, I’d say find yourself a nice LAME encoded variable bitrate version or settle for 160kbps.

Whoo, I’d forgotten about this thread.

I have downloaded it, Dyhalto, from DG the music God himself. But you see, I have this fucked up sense of morals. I strongly oppose the idea of illegal downloading. The only thing that makes me download anything online that I don’t legally own or did own at one point is a blood promise I make myelf to buy that song/album at the earliest possible convenience. I did it for Kingdom hearts OST, I did it for Sonata Arctica, and I also just did it for SF2. I still have over 7 OSTs to buy, but I’m gonna get every possible one I can. I’m only gonna leave ones like the Secret of Evermore OST as they are, as it’d be absolutely impossible to find one, anyway. So, to put it less than politely, Fuck off.

Please kill the topic.

hrrmmm? Touched a nerve, and I wasn’t even trying. Is that my fault or yours?

I’m just saying if you’re debating on buying it secondhand from someone, say for instance, Bob the Ball, you’re not doing any good for the people who composed and recorded that music for you.
I’m not an amoral dumbshit newbie. I buy what I can, but the facts are the facts. Buying secondhand items is NO different from downloading. You’re making a transaction over a product that’s paid it’s creators already. The only difference is whether Bob the Ball gets $45 in his pocket or ~180 uploaded megabytes.
So to put it less than politely, your brain is a useful tool and should be exercised outside of daily video game binges.

You want to support the creators? www.soundtrackcentral.com and the like are your friend.

Oh, you didn’t strike a nerve. I just like to give capsule summaries to some of my posts, for thsoe who find them too wordy and skip to the end. Anyway, I like to think there’s SOME difference between buying a secondhand copy from someone I know and just downloading it off the internet. Not entirely sure the difference, but that’s my mindset, so I’ma gonna do it anyway. Can anyone really condemn me for this stupid sense of morality?

Anyway, I like to think there’s SOME difference between buying a secondhand copy from someone I know and just downloading it off the internet. Not entirely sure the difference, but that’s my mindset, so I’ma gonna do it anyway.

Oh, there is a difference. A lot of people get hung up on the money issue, but the real issue is how the intellectual property is handled. Like any other property, purchasing intellectual property carries with it certain rights and privileges of ownership - for our purposes, the right to dispose of said property at a future time by whatever legal means are available. If that means selling it, then that’s perfectly fine. The creator of the work was paid for the intial sale, and all the original purchaser is doing is selling the rights and privileges of ownership of said piece of intellectual property. After all is said and done there is still only one piece of property in existence and the creator was paid for only one piece of property, hence everything is balanced. All that changed was who owned said piece of property, nothing more.

When it comes to copying intellectual property, that’s when things get morally (and legally, sort of) dubious. Even if the original purchaser does not sell the copies, they are still denying the creator money he or she could have gotten through proper sales. In the case of copied property, the creator is only getting paid for one piece of property, yet after all transactions are complete there are several copies of said property in existence.

Hopefully this will clarify the difference between secondhand sales and piracy. The former cannot be used as rationale for the latter. Life on the internet would be so much simpler if everyone could just accept that their piracy is illegal and get on with life.

You are certainly a wise man, Cptain Vittles. I thank you, for helping to clarify and justify my beiefs somewhat.

Most of the people I know KNOW its illegal, but that really doesn’t stop them.

Doesn’t stop me either, but I have my own reasons. Reasons I don’t feel like going into at 4 AM. :hahaha;

(And just for the record, out of most of my friends, I have one of the smallest MP3 collections.)

Good call, Captain. I have been proven wrong ::doh:: Not the first time, and it won’t be the last.

Does anyone know the name of Metal Black’s Music (in Reds scenario)

Metal Black’s music? Coulja be a bit more specific?

well the Music you can hear while you fight him, for example in the Stingray (or whatever the ship was called)

Battle 5, it’s the 22nd track on Disc 2.