SaGa 2 Remake Announced!

The site was up a long time ago. It hurt because I want to play this so badly ;_;.

QFT.

Oh well. At least I can pass some of the wait by beating the original version.

Also the main theme remix is awesome.

Whee more SaGa games ~ Here’s hoping for a Romancing SaGa 2 remake!

The music rocks, anyway.

It’s been a few months since the topic was posted in. But the game has been released in Japan and, more importantly, the soundtrack is out.

Naturally you can find it at (the completely legal of course, wink) places where you normally find video game soundtracks.

All I can say is that so far it hasn’t disappointed. Track #17, At the End of the Struggle, is the Decisive Battle theme from the original, and it’s pretty awesome, I think.

Looking forward to the release of this one over here.

Has it been announced for NA?

Unfortunately, no…but, damn. The soundtrack is really good.

Isn’t also supposed to be really huge as well since it was pulling music from the entire series or am I thinking of the 20th anniversary soundtrack?

I’ve been playing it off and on the last few weeks. Fucking awesome is all I can say.

Anyways, they did add a lot of new stuff to the game.
-No Random Battles: All enemies are visible now.
-Link Battles: Get a few enemies following you, and activate a encounter, and it’ll link the enemies, having you potentially fight a lot of enemies. Also makes some enemies show up that wouldn’t otherwise.
-Muses: Basically, you get Muses and they reward you with MP (Muse Points) after battle doing certain conditions. They can apparently power up your party too.
-Threads of Destiny: Basically, you spend MP on these and you can use them in battle to activate Renkei attacks (basically, it powers up the next character’s attack, and you can chain it for more powerful attacks). You can deal some sick damage with a good Renkei chain.
-Monster Dictionary: Also known as the Meat Dictionary. Keeps track of monsters you’ve transformed into, and what meat transforms you into those monsters. Very handy to have.

There’s some more stuff too, but those are some of the major things.

No random battles and the meat dictionary sound like really excellent additions. They took that chain battling thing from Romancing SaGa PS2, and it’s a kind of cool feature.