Saddest short story iIve ever read...

Anyone heard of the "From Mother… with Love’? Saddest short story i’ve ever read… ;_;

I’ll post what some of it says later…:too bad;

I like the part where they die.

heard of it, never read it… you’ll have to tell me what it’s about.

Though I have seen “From Russia with love.” James Bond r0x0rz.

this is sad also

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1028851,00.html

City on the Edge of Forever

McCoy accidentally injects himself with an overdose of cordrazine, a drug which makes him exhibit signs of paranoia and madness, while treating an ailing Sulu on the Bridge. Delirious, he beams down to a nearby planet’s surface, with Kirk and a landing party on his heels.

They are too late to stop the doctor from leaping through a living time machine called “The Guardian of Forever.” At that moment, the U.S.S. Enterprise ceases to exist and the landing party is stranded. The Guardian explains that McCoy went back into Earth’s history and changed it, thereby altering the future. Kirk and Spock go through the Guardian, to Depression-era America, a few days before McCoy is to arrive and change history.

They encounter a social worker, Edith Keeler, who helps them find work to pay for the equipment Spock requires to build a tricorder. Unknown to Kirk and Spock, Edith has taken in the recently-arrived and ill McCoy. Kirk promptly falls in love with Edith and is devastated when Spock completes his tricorder and discovers that in order to repair history, they must let Edith Keeler be killed in an auto accident. If they allow McCoy to save her - as he did before - she will start an effective pacifist movement that will delay the United States’ entrance into World War II, thus allowing Hitler’s Germany to develop the atomic bomb first and conquer the planet.

When the moment comes, a heartbroken Kirk stops McCoy from saving Edith, and the three officers journey back through the Guardian, where they find things as they should be again.

Originally posted by Sinistral
[b]this is sad also

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1028851,00.html [/b]

Is that merely a story like it says, or an actual news coverage…? Either way, no words to describe it…just whoa…

Why do you people have to be so depressing, I come here to escape the harsh reality of life and the fact that noone ever invites me to hang out with them, not to be reminded of pain and sadness. huddles in corner and cries

This forum is fulla depressed people that’s why…:ah-ha!: Actually no, it’s more in-your-face and if anything you smarten up about the harsh reality of life…sometimes the intelligence of this message board just goes over my head

Originally posted by Evangelion
This forum is fulla pseudo-depressed people that’s why

boys next door by kaori yuki is one of the saddest stories ive ever read. =\

its a manga about this elementary school teacher who has been murdering young male prostitutes, and during one of these murders, a young male prostitute named lawrence happens to see him in the act. the murderer, adrien, runs off and leaves this collar he just bought for his pet iguana, which lawrence picks up. so lawr chases him down the next day or so… so eventually they end up banging eachother, but lawr cant get away from his pimp and they catch him. and then lawr finds adrien, who is a pretty big paranoid nutcase, and tells him that he was just using him or something and that hes going to go live with his brother and that hes gotta kill him or something. so adrien flips out and stabs lawr but then he looks at the letter lawr was holding and its blank and the gun and its empty. so lawr just wanted adrien to kill him because he couldnt get away from his pimp… so then adrien gets caught and goes to jail… its sad…

Sil in all honesty, that confused the hell out of me, and in no way did I find it sad o_o;?

Originally posted by Sinistral
[b]this is sad also

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1028851,00.html [/b]

That’s kinda fucked up. If the kid was so smart, why didn’t he try to solve his problems without resorting to life-threating drug use. I mean, what, he starts smoking at age 11? Gets picked on constantly? Talks to adults better than other children? Man that kid sounds like a messed up science experiment.

Gila, it means he thought his peers were dumb and liked the fact that adults would bother treating him with respect and hearing him out (the fact he was smart would also get him extra attention and more discussion material). The reason he smoked is obvious and presented in the article: he wanted to be left alone. Kinda like why some people like to dress or do things that will make their peers fear them, or feel very uneasy. It gives the person satisfaction. And when you’re depressed, you’re depressed. If your life’s shit and no one hears you out, esp at that crucial time, it kinda sucks for you and no matter how smart you are, depression kills your self esteem and eventually makes you doubt the purpose of life

This is simply horrible… How many people could be in that kind of pain?

Chris: That story rings a bell, but I’ve never read it.

That article is also apalling…some people who lose their PomPilots think they have it bad, they should take a look at that.

All the lonely people… where do they all come from?

British schools/kids/schools reactions to bullying SUCK ASS. I got pushed down stairs and had to go into hospital for a week and no one did jack shit.

I am afraid I haven’t.

I don’t really understand why we need depressing short stories, we have reality. And reality doesn’t even try to be depressing.

City on the Edge of Forever ruled, anything with a title like that rules.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
That’s kinda fucked up. If the kid was so smart, why didn’t he try to solve his problems without resorting to life-threating drug use. I mean, what, he starts smoking at age 11? Gets picked on constantly? Talks to adults better than other children? Man that kid sounds like a messed up science experiment.

I always had an easier time talking with my teachers (adults) than my peers all the way through school. And to this day I’ve found it easier to converse comfortably about many issues (not all) with people out of my age group as opposed to my peer group.

Alright, I was kinda half-joking with that post, I can see why he did all that stuff. I guess things are just different over in other parts of the world, which is obvious. I just made an ignorant statement, or opinion.