Saber Marionette J

My bad. I thought the manga’s were first (usually is the case) So I must stop assuming that.

And thanks for the tip for novels although a translation isn’t a must for me. Spend a lot of time with imported things (mostly games[regular and H] but some manga and a few novels) that I had to pick up the language.

Also your comment on hentai artist was kinda interesting. Nearly all manga artist these days are working on hentai/ecchi material in some way, shape, or form. Some out right but others are using pen names. Aoi Nanase (Angel Dust) is one of those people who uses a pen name where as Carnelian just out right draws it.

Ahh, so that’s it. Well, I won’t fault you for it. Instead I’ll ask you to send me a scan of the novels, should you get them. Language doesn’t matter, I have friends who can translate it for me.

That hentai artist? Yumisuke Kotoyoshi. His skill as a hentai artist really shows, especially with the TWO PAGE SPREAD showing all six girls in the nude. (Lime, Cherry, Bloodberry, Tiger, Luchs, and Panther) And the numerous drawings of Bloodberry with her breasts plastered impossibly over Otaru’s face.

But, let not the wail of hentai draw you in. The series is so much more than that.

In fact, seeing as I could not do much on my own, I hit google. But then it hit back, and we got in a fight, so I used Yahoo, instead. :smiley:

Courtesy of site: http://www.animeondvd.com/discdata/essential/Saber%20Marionette%20J%20Review.htm

Imagine, if you would, a world inhabited only by men.

Propagation can only be carried out by genetic manipulation and cloning. Despite the greatest efforts by the world’s most brilliant scientists, the creation of a living female clone has proved impossible.

Attempting to compensate for this tragic loss, female robots, called marionettes, were created. However, these female automatons were but a pale substitute for the real thing as it is impossible for them to feel love and empathy for the men that they serve.

300 years ago…
While orbiting the newly discovered planet Terra II, the exploration ship, Mesopotamia, suffered a catastrophic computer failure. During the resulting disaster, a single landing craft was able to jettison from the ship.

Only six men were aboard. Not a single woman escaped.

These original six men founded six separate cities, each representing their respective countries from earth; Gartland (Germany), Xi’an (China), Romana (England), Peterberg (Russia), New Texas (United States) and Japoness (Japan).

Three hundred years after this forced colonization of Terra II, a young man named Otaru from Japoness stumbles onto a sleeping marionette. His presence awakens her and she leaps into his arms swearing her eternal love. Thus we are introduced to Lime, the first of three very special marionettes. Unlike any of the other marionettes the men of Japoness have ever seen, these three are fully capable of expressing the full gamut of emotions including the ability for love, empathy and sacrifice. This special ability is made possible by the addition of a very unique device called a “Maiden Circuit”.
These three marionettes each manifest a unique aspect of womanhood.

Lime - childlike and exuberant, displays the characteristics of naivety and innocence.

Cherry - wise and mature, is the best cook and the group’s tactician.

Bloodberry - strong and sensual, provides the strength and drive for the group.

Saber Marionette J is a wonderful story of love, growth and sacrifice. It starts off as a comedy, but gradually takes on a more serious tone as the mystery and purpose of these special marionettes is gradually revealed and Otaru learns what he must do to save the civilization of Terra II.

Bandai has done a great job with the DVD presentation. We have three volumes, each volume has two disks. On each of the volume covers, we have a picture of one of the marionettes. On the first is Lime, the second is Cherry and the third is Bloodberry. If you look at the disk itself, you’ll see that it is imprinted with a design that makes it look just like the Maiden Circuit installed in each of the three marionettes. The cases and disks are accented with the signature color of the featured marionette (Well, actually, they got the signature color wrong for Lime. Lime’s signature color is green and yet the disk and case is accented with yellow. After getting so many of the little details right, I don’t understand how they got this one wrong.)

Unlike many stories of this genre, this 25 episode series does not have many filler episodes. Instead we find a sequence of smaller arcs, each building upon the previous stories.

Looking back a bit:

I’m still trying to understand what the heck J to X was about. No matter how many times I see it I just feel like there’s something I’m not getting.

Here is a synopsis courtesy of Sachiko and Echiko’s Saber Media site.

Saber Marionette J to X takes place months later. The revival of female is at hand, and Lime and the others all have their own jobs. But because of the revival of female, it is said that they will stop manufacturing marionettes! Lime and the others are afraid to be forgotten, especially forgotten by Otaru, and worry about where will they end up. The Saber Dolls have befriended Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry, and later on it seems as if Faust has become the old Faust of Gartland again! Also, Dr. Hess and Yang Ming continue to carry out their plots and plans. Lime and the others also begin to understand more and more about humans, and even they are maturing further, learning about lives and love.