rushmore

this movie kicks ass

Indeed it does. I would put it in my faves, but theres not enough room.

I’ve never herd of this movie, mind giving me a brief outline of the plot?

It a great film that I happens to have a even nicer dvd out for it. Here a plot summary from Criterion Collection website.

Wes Anderson’s dazzling sophomore effort is equal parts coming-of-age story, French New Wave homage, and screwball comedy. Tenth grader Max Fischer (Jason Schwartzman) is Rushmore Academy’s most extracurricular student—and its least scholarly. He faces expulsion, and enters into unlikely friendships with both a lovely first-grade teacher (Olivia Williams) and a melancholy self-made millionaire (Bill Murray, in an award-winning performance). Set to a soundtrack of classic British Invasion tunes, Rushmore defies categorization even as it captures the pain and exuberance of adolescence with wit, emotional depth, and cinematic panache. Criterion is proud to present one of 1998’s most acclaimed films in a Director Approved special edition.

I missed that avatar I had from the movie a few years ago. I used it on another board, but deleted it since.

I’m not impressed with the short preview, but I’ll watch it anyway so I can take my own conclusions.

Rushmore is an awesome movie. I haven’t seen it in a while, but I really enjoyed it when I did.

I remember that. It rocked.