Rumiko Takahashi's new series

Creator of Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha (among others), Rumiko Takahashi, has started her newest series, ‘Rin-ne’. Viz media is translating the series and putting the chapters up, for free, online following their Japanese publication. You can check out the first chapter here.

So far it’s kind of giving me a Bleach/Yuyu Hakusho vibe, but it’s too early to judge yet.

…Shouldn’t she finish Inu-Yasha first? Or has she gotten bored with it?

Inuyasha ended last June. Naraku dies. :stuck_out_tongue: The only thing I’m surprised about is that it’s less than a year later and she’s started a new one already.

Your viewer is giving my country the finger.

Anyhow, does this star a couple of teenagers in a reluctant relationship where neither can fucking come off with their feelings preferring to dance around perpetually and be grauitously violent with each other? And does it have the exact same style she’s been using since she started?

I’ll pass.

And yes, InuYasha finished a while ago. I was kinda surprised when I read the last chapters since the plot seemed like it hadn’t moved an inch from where I stopped watching the anime, but then again, that wasn’t much of surprise when I thought about it.

No idea about the story, yet. But I’m willing to bet the two male and female leads that we see will wind up in a relationship like that.

As for the viewer, sorry. I guess Viz is limiting it to North America only. There might be a way around that via proxy servers or something, but I don’t have a clue about that stuff.

This is <i>exactly</i> Kagome and Inuyasha fighting fucking monsters all over again

Yes. It’s most definitely Inuyasha set to Journey’s ‘Wheel in the Sky’.

Kagome braided her hair and Inuyasha cut his.

I’ll probably give this series a chance, because even if the plot isn’t too original, I still like those types of story lines. I just hope she learned that it’s okay to end a series early rather than reviving the villain 20 or 30 times.

I loved Ranma, but I don’t know if I would read another manga by the same person.