RS3: Possible Reunion

I figure Ajora or Vittles if he still posts here may be the only person who has a clue on this thing, but I saw this on RPGamer a few years ago under the RS3 section:

It’s a reunion between Monica, Julian, and Mikhail. As far as I know, that’s not in any of the endings… so does anyone have any clue on this? Like how to trigger it, if this was just a screenshot on the back of the box, or if this has been faked or what?

My guess is that thing is probably an unused scene.

I was always curious about that screenshot. Since the other screens RPGamer seems to have are all from the opening sequence, I assumed this was as well. But the opening sequence on my ROM is just the Devil King Palace - no party members are shown at all. This could be a deleted scene, or perhaps it’s from the opening of the v1.1 cartridge of RS3 (I’d have checked myself but I can’t find reliable ROM sites anymore, let alone one with a v1.1 ROM). This question has popped up before on the GameFAQs RS3 board I’m pretty sure, and I don’t recall Mana Sword ever mentioning finding this deleted scene in the game. Again though, he only hacked v1.0, not v1.1. My best guess is that it’s either:
(a) From v1.1
(b) A deleted scene no one ever found
© A misleading piece of media submitted to RPGamer. Back when these screens would have been uploaded, RPGamer wasn’t always reliable with info. I do recall a few hoaxes showing up on there as ‘news’. A forged screenshot isn’t exactly a stretch, and it’s not like many (any?) people on their staff would be digging into old games to verify ancient mistakes.

Ah alright, that clarifies more stuff for me, thanks guys.

Now I’m a bit confused about why there is a version 1.0 and 1.1 in the first place myself.

As I’m sure you’ve noticed, RS3 is a fairly incomplete and bug-ridden game. v1.1 was a fixed version released on one of the later batches of cartridges that fixes some of the more offensive bugs and glitches - stuff lik Undine’s ‘free crown’ in Earth, for example. When someone asked Mana Sword about why he translated v1.0 instead of v1.1, I think he replied with something like v1.0 was the first one he got hold of, and it was such a pain to hack that once he figured out the difference, he was too far in to start over. That and the changes aren’t really game-breaking, they just make for a more polished gameplay experience.

Wait Undine’s free crown in earth is a glitch. Darn it I wonder if that means any of the other free crowns is a glitch.

The only other free crown I can think of is the Epee Crowns for the Robins. I dunno if that’s a glitch or intentional though.

A free Master Epee for Robin and Fat Robin seem much more feasible than a Master Earth for Undine, but hey, what do I know :stuck_out_tongue:

This is true since the Robins do use epees while Undine was kinda… a Water mage and stuff =P