RPGs whose target audience isn't sexless nannies?

Fallout 2! It’s kinda old, but it’s great. We game it every weekend. It has the Holy Hand Grenade as a secret weapon XD

Originally posted by Shads
Fallout 2! It’s kinda old, but it’s great. We game it every weekend. It has the Holy Hand Grenade as a secret weapon XD

I’ve played Wasteland and Fallout. I liked both, but I liked Wasteland much better.

I haven’t played Fallout 2, but I thought that it was supposed to be just a trashier version of Fallout.

There was nothing in your question that said you ruled out Pen & Paper RPGs.

And it doesn’t matter if The Longest Journey isn’t a RPG, it should still be mentioned. If only because of it’s greatness.

Well, I never tried the first, so I can’t really judge. But we declared it best game ever simply for having a random encounter that only contained a splattered whale and a pot of daisies.

Oh, and one of the best armours in the game can be found by looting the robe from the old man from scene 24’s corpse. But first you must answer his questions three! Mike’s third was “What is the maximum you can carry while using the perk strong back?” “What level of strong back?” “I don’t kno- AAAAAH!”

I’d say Hero’s Quest for PC.
It’s a lot more than just fighting stuff, most of the game is about solving puzzles and stuff (at least as far as I’ve seen so far)…

And if you play it remember this:
Going to close to some cat will kill you
Drinking will kill you
Picking your nose will kill you
Not knowing some special stuff when you go to a special place will probably kill you (don’t know, I knew the stuff when I got there :P)
And it’s not a good idea to sleep on the street (haven’t killed me yet, but it probably can just because almost everything else can)

So save very often… :stuck_out_tongue:

And even if a lot of stuff can kill you, it’s still a very cool game because it’s got lots of humor and an interesting plot…

(Oh, and the game was remade to become the first of the Quest for Glory games, but QfG1 has very annoying graphics compared to HQ (mostly that the colors are too bright))

Ok, an rpg without combat?
hmm…try Progress quest There, it plays itself! Weee!

Originally posted by pokefreak_85
I’d say Hero’s Quest for PC.
It’s a lot more than just fighting stuff, most of the game is about solving puzzles and stuff (at least as far as I’ve seen so far)…

Oh, yes, I remember that. I spend ages trying to find a way to outsmart the thieves in the backalley.