RPGC WoW?

I think it would be possible to form a guild whose only purpose is to coordinate pre-planned instance runs. Obviously, for the problems Sin and Lanyx listed, it would be impossible to just say ‘Hey, I want to run <insert instance>, anyone else up for it?’ But you could set up pre-planned runs, and use the guild to do it. This way everyone can share their equipment and gold with their primary guild, and just use the RPGC to set up instance runs. If you form one, let me know what server its on. Hopefully my account will be unlocked by that point.

That was Dragonmaw when we started actually.

What are your char names on Smolderthorn :x

we could even set up pre-planned instance runs here rather than within WoW, and thus eliminate the need for an RPGC guild entirely. Then people could just do whatever they wanted on the new server.

Are there 4 or 5 people interested in maintaining a new character and doing preplanned instance runs? Curtis and I makes 2 already. Serious concerns about faction/realm/class type? I’d prefer Horde/PVP, but I’d listen to anything.

I can do instance runs,but depending on the server it might take a while for me to level the character up for the instance.

If anybody is on EU and unattached to their guild they should seriously reconsider switching to Venture CO. There are good guilds Horde and Alliance side and the RP bit means most morons don’t get further than making a level 2 character to spam jokes when their own servers go down.

I really don’t see the point in PvP servers. The PvP mostly just means the chance for random asymmetric combat in non-instanced areas. Because it’s so much fun for your group to get delayed by running into a rampaging raid group.

Maybe because not everyone likes to /wave /hug every horde they see while out farming?

PVP is a lot of fun with an organized group as was discussed in another thread. There are instances where world pvp is also fun, but the reality is unfortunately the one Vorpy described. Not necessarily always asymetric in the way you have a 5 v 1 with an instance group but most fights tend to be pretty imbalanced, like anything happening in Tarren Mill.

I have a lv20 priest on Smolderthorn which would gladly tag along with you guys once I finish settling a few matters.

Tarren Mill is really imbalanced since Blizz really messed that one up.
Horde gets there around lvl 20. Allies get there at much later level.

Whenever a Horde player start to settle in and collect a few quests, some Alli who just got there comes and kills him/her for free staying-at-my-rank-without-bothering-about-BGs honor.

Also, there are very rarely rampaging Raid-groups on a PvP server, as far as I’ve seen.
The only time that would happen is if you get in the way of a Raid that’s doing something. (Instances, outdoor raid bosses, Farming the Council in Silithus a.s.o.)
There isn’t much honor gain in rampaging around in a raid group to kill lone players, and it will quickly get boring too, since they will die immediately anyway.
Sure, it will be fun the first five minutes (“OMG! did u c that? he got toatly PWNDZ! LOLOlololoLOL!1!!!11”) but then most people will get bored and do something that they actually get anything from.

Even though I get ganked all the time, I wouldn’t give up the PvP server for a Normal/RP server just because I love the chances you get for a spontaneous, (and usually quite even) fight.
Unlike battlegrounds that are mostly things like…
E.g. Warsong Gulch. A Druid grabs the Horde flag. Travel form. Hides somewhere until his friends starts yelling at him to bring the flag, because they’re graveyard-camping us.
I gave up Battlegrounds after getting the Insignia because of that crap. It’s just not worth it.

I will probably do some Alterac Valley though. In there you can actually get a decent amount of rep (after a fragment of a AV game I got almost as much rep as I got doing WSG for the Insignia. Exalted is actually possible to reach there), and the rewards are actually worth it.

Is anyone actually playing on the EU servers?

It’s easy to reach exalted with any of the BGs.

Also: Tarren Mill is a joke, who cares what level people get there because past the first three weeks into the game the only people fighting were level 60s.

Fine, don’t tell me your smolderthorn names. I totally dont even care >: (

Me. But like I said I’m in Venture Co.

Sorry Shinobi, my char is “Curtys”, but right now my account is locked. I think Merlin may make another thread or something.

Korgath (Alliance)

Rofellos - 60 Druid
Meloku - 16 Mage

Aegwynn (Horde)

Ahkeeyuu - 53 Warrior
Psychatog - 11 Mage
Burgers - 9 Hunter

World PVP will become much more significant in the expansion.

Also I’ve leveled characters to 60 on both PVE and PVP, and had a ton of more fun in the PVP server. Even though you get ganked a ton, it’s much more fun and realistic.

Zero, could you transfer your 20 on Smolderthorn, or must we start our characters there in order for you to hang out with us?

Is WoW good? i havent tried it and ive been wanting too one kid in my school has it and talked to the teacher about it i was like…Wtf?Any way my friend also plays this and is already in the highest lvl heh…when ever i get the chance to get this glorious game can anyone help me lvl? possibly or play with me so i dont get bored? thanks :hahaha;

Is WoW good, you ask? It depends if MMOs are your thing. I found the game to be a grind. But I would’ve enjoyed it more if I had real-life friends to play it with (or a good guild for that matter). I also spenty way too much time trying to complete every. single. quest in every area I went to. OCD maybe?