RPG quirks, revisited

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez

BTW, instead of just mentioning cliches, how about pointing out those games that actually AVOID them? For example, in TALES OF DESTINY, not only you can’t take stuff from people’s houses, the game actually CHASTISES you for trying! :hahaha;

I think that RPGs that let you create characters instead of giving you ones from the story don’t have a lot of the cliches on the list.

PS: I figured out the quote thing.

Just Nod Your Head And Smile
And no matter how big that big-ass sword is, you won’t stand out in a crowd

That’s actually true in real life. I wore a sword for about a month one time, and no one noticed.

In old two dimensional rpgs: All the characters occupy the same spot on the map and often even sleep in the same bed. They could at least begin to admit what they’re doing.

You can walk into strangers’ houses, talk to them in a perfectly friendly way, extract useful information, scream, fight battles, and steal any and all items from there, no matter the value, without them caring or noticing that they don’t know you or that you have taken their most beloved possessions.

Quirks in RPGs Here’s a few.

1.) The Enemies you fight tend to wear impressive armor and carry some hefty.The question is, why don’t you swipe all this useful stuff while you’re looting the hacked and chared corpse for gold?

2.) Where the heck does a slime or a baboon keep gold coins?

3.) If churches, clinics and wizards are able to resurect the dead. Why are folks worried about death?

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
That’s actually true in real life. I wore a sword for about a month one time, and no one noticed.

Except for those, weird people, running under tables, screaming and fainting, dialing 911…i mean…what was up with them?

:stuck_out_tongue:

GUYZ U R STEALING MY FUUUUUUUN!!!11111

Originally posted by Dark Paladin

… Dude, I oughta try that sometime!

Here’s one: One “night’s” sleep at an inn will fully heal wounds, battle scars, illnesses and near death, and yet, everyone is worried about monsters aoutside towns.

And don’t get me started on how, in FF7, you can stay at an inn as many times as you want on Disk 3, even though Meteor supposeldy crashes in seven days.

Good one Yar, but I have a better one.
“If you areonly in Junon for like, 30 minutes to an hour getting into the boat, then why can you rest a night at an inn?”

There are instances when it’s implied that you don’t necessarily stay a night.

Yes, but when the whole area gets dark and you supposedly sleep, then it assumed to be a night.

Yeah. And don’t get me started on Tidus’s snoring.